Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is? I didn't see it?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yea, I posted something about it in party and bullshit a couple weeks ago.

Its not as good a driving emulator as the Gran Turisimo series, but its kinda fun.

Their classes ( D, C, B, A, S, R, P, X) are based on the base performance level of the car and each mod you do to it changes its rating dynamically based on other mods. IE adding 100hp to a 900hp car with factory tires costs you almost nothing (because it wont do anything for you anyway), however switching a 900hp car from factory tires to racing slicks is a HUGE cost.

They have a conversion section in upgrades too which I havent seen in some of the older games I have played. It allows you to do engine swaps and drivetrain swaps which is sometimes funny, the options seem completely random, some cars have great options, some have almost none.

My main car is an 84 mugen CRX, it starts out as a D class car, and you can do a couple basic upgrades and stay in D class, or you can get crazy and swap in a 3L v6 and turbo it up to 900hp and swap to an AWD setup get all the other upgrades and get gold medals in the R class.

I have actually beat all the classes up through R in that trusty little CRX, its kinda fun to play with all the tune settings, even though they are not all accurate to real life.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yea... In forza 5 by the time you hit more than about 400hp in that 84 CRX, its REALLY worth going AWD, any more power than that with FWD or RWD doesnt add any more speed in any gear, it just adds more wheelspin.

By the time you are in class S/R with like 700/900hp and AWD, when you launch off the line you go FLYING by all the supercars ahead of you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts