Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I've got something wrong with my shifter and i cant figure out what's wrong, when I start to accelerate my shifter moves forward and when i get off the gas the shifter moves back A LOT! and its a concerning amount so i wont be driving my hatch until i figure it out i have a tranny mount with shifter bushings on the way but not sure if it will do the trick but hoping it will help, if anyone has had this problem and fixed it or just knows what it is please let me know

thanks

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
rear T bracket mount is probably shot. Easy enough to get the T bracket out of the way via the driver side wheel well and car jacked up a little. Quite another bear to get the actual mount off, even if you find access without dropping the subframe slightly.

Best bet is to repalce the lower torque mounts with fresh rubber ones for drivability. Use ones made for the Integra Type R, they have more bracket material, and stiffer rubber.

Or if you want full hardcore, I have a set of solid torque mounts I can sell. Somewhere in my dung heap. They would help movement, but stiffening up torque moutns ONLY SERVES to beat the shit out of the other mounts, as it is not fixing the problem, it is merely SHIFTING it to another failure point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts