Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got stationed at fort campbell and looking for reputable tuners in or around this area. If anyone knows anything let me know please.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Thanks for this, they did not come up on any of my searches, what have you heard about them? know anyone who has been tuned by them?
I only looked up listed Hondata dealers, but if you look at everything they tune, and race....

I've likely met them before at a NASA race.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm about an hour and a half from you. I've spoken with Jason su (suja1) about tuning for me, but it hasnt happened yet. He has a decent reputation from what I've seen. I've used dk Goodrich in Frankfort ky on 5 different occasions. Recently, I've been talking to some guys at dynosty in Louisville and they've pointed me towards another tuner in the Louisville area that is very good. Not much around Clarksville though.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
dk G and suja1, both names that have been around a while, like Blundell and others.

$500 for a dyno and tune is a fair starting point per Blundell. That is if you don't spend 2-3 hours fixing BS just to get in am hour or so of tuning.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, frankfort is a three hour drive for me. suja1 is only an hour thankfully. im going to call before im ready and see what he will charge for retune, like if i change out a part or something.
car is on a horrible tune from hawaii, and when i moved here it acts a little worse. rich in low rpm, lean in high rpm. drove from the car wash to get the salt off and first gear sounded like two step...leaned out to 18afr and just built boost without going anywhere. acts alright once its really warm though.
so she is parked until we close on our house and will get it tuned when it warms up. going to take it all apart first clean it up and do compression test before i go.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dk G and suja1, both names that have been around a while, like Blundell and others.

$500 for a dyno and tune is a fair starting point per Blundell. That is if you don't spend 2-3 hours fixing BS just to get in am hour or so of tuning.
Thanks i will be calling both. This is why I love this forum...I asked the campbell facebook page and no replies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts