Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one counting down the days until the season starts? 2 more weeks and they are starting in Australia! F1 in the US has never been extremely popular and I can never understand why, especially in recent years with DRS and KERS that make passing so much more frequent. Does anybody else follow the whole season, or atleast record a few races?

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
You are not the only one thats excited, but likely one of the few on this forum.

I rarely watch F1 races live due to my schedule, but I always watch them within a few days after the race.

Its one of the few things I still watch on TV.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always watch them on the dvr too lol qualifying is pretty exciting by itself. On a side note does anybody know which network It's going to be broadcasted on this season? I remember speed channel said it was their last race in Brazil and It's going to a new network. awebb, that sucks about not having cable.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
^Eh, it's a choice. I got sick of dealing with Charter making promises and not following through with them, so my wife and I just watch Netflix and other streaming services.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean. I think charter doesn't even service my area anymore. We are about switch internet providers at my house because Windstream is horrible.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This year is looking to be even more competitive than last year. The lotus chassis is looking good, and kimi knows what he is doing. I also saw perez had a faster time than jenson the last time I checked on the pre season testing...

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What was your old Sig cyanide? I know I've seen you post a thousand times before but I don't remember seeing that one.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did mean avatar. And that's it lol I always remember names and avatars and I was confused when I saw that lol I've never seen that one before.
And if anyone is interested, the f1 races will be broadcast on nbc and nbc sports in the us.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
^^I am planning to make it down for a race at COTA. I used to be stationed at Ft. Hood so I can visit with some old friends at the same time.

·
Registered
94 civic hatch dx/ex
107 Posts
I always forget when the racer are and miss them.. F1 is awesome and I love the fact rain does not end the race from the start..

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I rarely watch F1 as Speed Channel is 1. Outrageously expensive in this market and 2. 98% garbage since NASCAR bought it, I am not aware of anybody else that broadcasts it (F1). I think the main reason it hasn't taken off here is because many people deem it too boring, they prefer the crash-up derby action that other pro motorsport offers...

Here's a tip though, even if you don't really care for it all that much, go to an F1 race and see it with your own eyes, it is AMAZING! That and WRC, the best pro motorsports in the world!

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
I rarely watch F1 as Speed Channel is 1.
F1 isn't on Speed anymore. NBC picked it up now, going to be on NBCsports. The thing that sucks is that NBC didnt get all the announcers to make the switch. Bob Varsha stayed with Speed. But David Hobbs and Steve Matchett are on NBC now and i think Leigh Diffey will be announcing with them (Since he called the Dakar witch is on NBCS now).

Can't wait for the new season

1 - 20 of 51 Posts