Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

First off ill introduce myself, my name is Lyle i Live in Australia and i Currently Own a 4 Door, Boosted D15b7 Td05 Civic. First off i have herd much about this site and i am allready loveing it!!

I have taken this time to pick some of yours brains.

Basically i have aquired myself a new engine, one that has a little more work done internally... since my 1.5 is still running stocko internals.

The engine is the D16y4 and it has currently been Balanced, Blue Printed, Sleeved, Reground Cam Shaft, adjustable cam gear, head port / polish, Injectors, Forged Pistons (oversized 1.8), Rings Gudgeons.. blah blah blah. Due to my honda being boosted at the i have alot of the accessories required for a boosted honda.

The Turbo i will be useing will be a Garrett 30Rs / HKS 3030 (same thing). Basically all the setup needs to be complete are some Rods.

So I was wondering which sort of Rods would be good with a setup as such? maybe throw me some general prices (aussie only) Also i have done a little Reading on these MINI me Setups useing the y8 Heads on the y4 blokes and utiliseing the single cam vtec.... getting a little higher Redline? Would this be a worthwile mod to do considering the work that has been allready done.. ie port / polish, and would the internals still be ok with the Vtec Head?
To my last Questions.. Would upgrading to Stage 2 / 3 Cam shaft be benificial for this sort of setup or leaveing the reground Stoke one in? If so what stage and make of camshaft would be Ideal and price?

O

·
0 Posts
I think you have 1 of 2 rods. either the shorter D15 rods, or the nornal D16, being it is alreayd a D16, I imagine any D16 rod shoudl fit. best way to tell is to have the rods measured and then compair that measurement against aftermarket rods. I think that the Goldem Eagle rods for a D16Z6/Y8 shoudl bolt right in. (block notching will be required).

hope this helps.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Also! im interested in the External Waste Gates, What is the benefit of haveing one over an internal gate? what is a good size for this size turbo and a realatively high boost setup around 1.2 Bar? Prices...?

O

·
0 Posts
they can handle upwards of 400+ wheel power, so you should be fine, if your worried you can always get a set of crower for about $600 a set. (no block notching required with these)

wastegate, i woudlr ecommend a tial 38mm, as that's what I'm running, but another good one is the turbosmart.externals are more stable and allow for more boosting than internals. internals are not very accurate or stable above like 12 lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts