Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am building my d16z6 turbo del sol and want to do it right, the motor setup I'm running ATM is a d16z6 with a zc head with arp head studs already.... My goal is to safely run 15lbs all day with the option to go to 20lbs if I want....

My plan is to get the motor bored 10 over to start with fresh walls, and a block guard....

Now my couple questions are I've been finding h beam rods from eagle and I beam rods from probe(?) and what's better to go with....

As for pistons I've been finding a lot about vitaras but I don't think those would be as reliable as forged pistons, am I wrong? And if so what pistons should I go with and should I mess with the compression of them or stick with stock compression as according to the d series calculator says with my zc head I'm running at about 7.5-1 compression now....

Now as for the bearings what is best to go with? Ive been hearing stock is best just like the head gasket is but I want to be clear....

And as for piston rings I want the best ones possible, what are they....

Now another question is should I mess with the valve train at all? Like springs and retainers???

Please help, I've tried searching thru a million posts but I need some solid answers as I need this to happen within the next few weeks cause my rings are shot in my del sol and it's supposed to be my daily driver....

Money isn't really tight but I'm also not ballin out with the cash but I am going to do this build right and any advice will be listened to and take note

I don't know if I'll get shot for asking this on here but would it be cheaper to go and swap my d for a b, for the same kind of results I am looking for???

I'm shooting for high 12 second low 13 second range

Thanks guys for reading my screwed up post

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Eagles are 286 NEW SHIPPED from nopi.

No block guard.

Im running ACLs. assuming they will be good enough.

100 shipped for rods mains and thrust washers from no limit motorsports

I got wisecos 8.5:1
with rings and upgraded pins for 450 shipped from i cant remember where.

I would get springs, IDK about retainers. Probably though.

A delta Cam regrind is probably cheapest. 272-2 cam for my z6 is what I'm gonna get.

My PTW is .0040, pistons are coated looking for 350-400whp.

I'm gonna get an OEM HG, I heard they are ok for 75.5mm bores.

OEM oil pump, port, not shim. I got a full gasket kit for 60$ on DSO. OEM water pump and Gates belt. Block is bored honed resurfaced and notched. Haven't decided on getting the Rotating assembly crank balanced yet.

Head new supertech springs and retainers, cleaned resurfaced and the new cam in.

Boom done. good?

Oh and just because money isn't tight DOESNT MEAN waste your money. You will be amazed how far it WONT go when building a motor. 100$ here and 200$ there adds up quicker than shit.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Have your bores checked before deciding on an overbore. I'd go up to 75.5mm or just see if it needs a rehone. But buy your pistons first and have everything measured together. this will allow for the best clearances. Also vitara's sit lower in the block on stock length rods. The comp height of a vitara is 28.3 mm and a z6 piston is 30mm. A custom length rod will be needed to bring it back up to stock hieght. Use arp studs and a y8 HG for best sealing. Oh and a tune will be necessary or things will go boom real quick. Go to zealautowerks.com and use the compression calculator. Anywhere from 8.5-10.0 is good for boost. Jmo. Also read read read. There is a ton of info on this site so use it wisely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, and I'm planing on tuning for sure, I just am working on having the motor to back it up first, I plan on upgrading the entire fuel system to match the motor as well as the computer, I want a very tunable comp with electronic boost control and a wide band input, I was looking at something like the aem stand alone but if you know of something better please speak up!!!!

I'm also going to be upgrading the turbo setup after all this and my goal is a turbonetics to match what's going on, and a new wastegate and bov as the shit I have now works but I want a solid build not eBay shit.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts