Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a D16a9 (ZC to you guys) in my 16v CRX.

Running around 190bhp and 160 Ib/FT of torque at the moment and I have started to get bored of the power (Don't we all?!).

I have been looking around the internet for forged internals and thought I would post on here for some advice. I have looked at Vitara pistons and Eagle rods as a start as well as ARP studs.

I was wondering what else there was out there? A friend recommended CP Pistons but I think they might be a little expensive for me.

Also where is the best place to get stuff from? (I am in the UK BTW).

Power goal in around 250-300 BHP just for reference.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Vitara pistons are going to give you a pretty low static CR. I think you'd want to look at some CP, SRP or supertech pistons. The D16a6 9.6:1 pistons should yield about 9.0:1 in the dohc zc I think.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
i wouldnt run Vitaras in a d16a9, your compression will be stupid low.

look into SRP forged pistons, they are the cheapest forged slugs on the market, and work quite well. play around with the dimensions in Zeal's compression calculator and find the ones that best suit your needs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been looking at the SRP Pistons and am I right in thinking that the D16a6 ones will fit the a9 (ZC)?

If so I think these were the ones that you were refering to:

149190 75.00mm/2.953" STD. 3.543 5.394 1.161 38cc 9.5:1 -2.9cc

The bore is 75mm on these which is the same as the a9 and the CR 9.5:1 which you guys said would yield about 9.0:1

Would you reconmend going for an overbore or standard size?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts