Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.

finally i got my hands on a t25 homemade turbo kit...yesterday i found out one of my friend is selling his NX 35 shot kit.for about the same price tag..i was will be running upto 7psi on my jdm D15b vtec stock motor..which option will be giving me more horses.:)..7 psi turbo or 35 hot nos?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would love tht..but in short of cash at the moment...with double forced induction i will hav to change the internals..pistons,rods etc..right now..i hav my choice limited.:(..i want to know which will give my motor more power..
thank you

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well..if we race these 2 setups against each other..with 2 cars with d16 engines..who will win a 400m drag?.suppose both are tunned close to perfect..i think it will be nos.:S..what do u guys think??35 shots vs 7 psi turbo?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Weel it may cost a bit more to boost unless you build a kit or find a hell of a deal, and it may be cheaper to do nawz but you have to refill it. I would boost, you can always find someone that will trade a turbo kit for a nawz kit

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea..round about 400 for both..but ryte now..i need to choose 1..cuz i dun think a stock engine will support both.:S

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i was thinking tht too!..but the thing is..the guy who is selling me the turbo kit..has another 1 in his z6..its not reliable.:S.every now and then he faces problems..last time on track..his boost pipe came off.:p..

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
A turbo system is only as reliable as it's tune. Trust me on this. I've gone through 3 different fuel setups and I've FINALLY landed on the one that works for me (this is all in my Avenger). And don't call N2O forced induction, cuz it's not.

And comparing a 35 shot to 7psi is like apples and oranges. Both are TOTALLY different animals when it comes to tuning and how the HP is delivered. On a boosted car, the power is ALWAYS THERE. If you're running N2O, once the bottle is empty...WHOOPS...no more fun-time. If the turbo you plan on running is a T25, you should make good power from about 2100 all the way to redline @ 7psi. When you start boosting a vehicle, you can ALMOST average ~10hp per lb of boost. So if you run 7psi, you can roughly estimate that you'll be making ABOUT 65-70hp over your stock ratings. A 35 shot is just that...a ~35hp shot.

One more time just to reiterate, it all comes down to the tuning. A well-tuned turbo car will have the power come on sooner and stronger than a nitrous car. Nitrous is cheaper initially, but once you add up all the bottle refills, it about washes out with the same price as a turbo kit. My recomendation, go with a decent .48AR or .52AR turbo, get on a dyno, tune it, and go have fun. A .48 AR turbo will give you good low-middle power and with the D15B motor, a decent top-end.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Go turbo man. You will make more power in the end. My question is, why are you limiting yourself to 7 psi? I know your going to run a stock motor but there is still more power to be had. People have run 14 psi (or more) on a stock motor and had it be completely reliable. Like this guy said, just get a good tune. thats all you need. T25 is a good turbo for a stock engine, they are cheap, reliable, and easy to come by. I say just turbo it, run 10 to 12 psi on a good tune and call it a day. Forget the nitrous, but thats just my .02 cents. Good luck man

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
Forget ALL about nitrous. Plus, hearin' that turbo spool and then the BOV let loose....TOTALLY boner-ific!!!

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Forget ALL about nitrous. Plus, hearin' that turbo spool and then the BOV let loose....TOTALLY boner-ific!!!
What about being planted in your seat when you hit that nitrous button??? I think it would pull a bit harder with nitrous over a turbo.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
you found a n20 kit for the same price as your turbo?

you realize there is a SHIT TON more parts to a turbo kit than just the snail, right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts