Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the whole swap done and are having the idle problems associated with this. I know it has something to do with the IACV and all but cant seem to find exactly the fix for it. If anyone has any information on how to fix this and get it to idle normally it would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
since you have a y8 auto now converted to 5 speed you will need to change the idle air control valve.. im not sure if you already did this.. if you didnt ill tell you what you need to do..

your y8auto has the 3 wire idle air control valve on the throttle body and the manual ecu needs the 2 wire iacv on the intake manifold..

so if your using the manual ecu you need to swap intake manifolds to the manual y8 and use the idle air control valve that goes on the back of the intake and re wire that circuit.. there may be a way around this but im not aware of it..

if you already did that then just double check everything.. you will find it..

K

·
0 Posts
Sorry if im thread jacking but i have a question,on an auto to manual conversion is it true that supposedly you can use the automatic tranny starter and flywheel on the conversion. Thats what my boys mechanic said and i wanna know if theres any truth behind it. And Its a 94 civic ex.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
kill your boys mechanic, he knows nothing.

Automatics don't have flywheels, so how you gonna reuse one?

K

·
0 Posts
LOL I knew that wasnt possible i just wanted to make sure to prove him wrong, and how about the starter, would the automatic starter work cus he claims that would work as well. And thanks for the reply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts