Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My td43u distributor internals were all rusted. so i swapped the td41u internals into the td43u case. the engine wouldnt run, it started to sputter when I had the distributor rotated all the way to one side. taking the cap off, looking at the rotor at tdc it was in the middle of what should be plug 4 and 1 on the dohc zc spark plug placing.

So i pulled it apart and compared the shafts to each other, and the hole for the keyway is indexed differently than the SOHC shaft. all the casting codes are the same on both of them too. heres a picture for referance.

so if you have to replace your obd1 dohc zc internals, keep the existing shaft.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
awesome info.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Are you going to keep that shaft? I wonder if you could get all the rust off it... Phosphoric Acid, maybe?
I have been using Metal Rescue on all the bolts and steel bits on my current rebuild, and it has worked really well. It has removed some really heavy rust, and doesn't darken the steel like Naval Jelly does.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been using Metal Rescue on all the bolts and steel bits on my current rebuild, and it has worked really well. It has removed some really heavy rust, and doesn't darken the steel like Naval Jelly does.
good to know!

i just sprayed it down with brake clean first, wiped it down, sprayed it with wd40 and wiped it down, then used a scotchbrite pad and it took the rest off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts