Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got some new Local Action

So throw a rock, get gunned down by 3..

You notice how when they always chase bad guys , stick the gun in their neck, as if they are always willing to execute.

Once he pulls the gun, what else is there for the cop to do,? Put it back?

They use it as a threat, to leverage you, to do what they want, if you don't do what they want.. Bam bam bam

A gun coming out almost always means the end of someones life, either through legal means or physical means.

Why is it pulled so often without thought. Why do we use it to pin down criminals on the sidewalk? Why are the police so excited to use their big toy.

We have officers around here carrying 5 extra mags, 12 rounds each. Do the math.

It's because they get time off with payed leave.

Discuss.... ting

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Been happening in Portland since there were police. I think they can use more restraint, back this comment by stating they need more training, but then we would start talking about money, leading to all sorts of discussion.

We have it good compared to other larger cities where a lot of shootings go unreported. You wanna make change? Posting videos inflaming decent will not do it.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
We shouldnt have to make a change.. Why would common citizens have to change/report the way the public service officers conduct themselves. This should straight to the chief and the mayor!

Those are the changes needed.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
We shouldnt have to make a change.. Why would common citizens have to change/report the way the public service officers conduct themselves. This should straight to the chief and the mayor!

Those are the changes needed.
I didn't say you and I need to do shit, I said they need training. Which requires money, which requires changes at the top, not at the citizen level. I was trying to avoid the political part of it, and keep it to the incident, but not sure that is possible.

@ Patrick - I agree attacking a police officer with anything is asking for it, this will not be looked at isolated, it will be looked at as a whole from all the other events where police shoot a person they could have taken out with out deadly force. I do not believe the taser did nothing, they must have done something wrong with it or missed, if you have ever been tased you will know what I mean.

Other then that I cannot see why they had to shoot instead of over powering with multiple officers and taking a few shots to the face to avoid killing him. A properly trained man or woman can avoid rocks enough to get to a guy or girl to succumb them, what the hell are we teaching these guys of hand to hand combat?

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
I would say a taser would have sufficed... But apparently they are not equipped with them.

But the background of both the cops and accused is not known. The cops may have had run in with him in the past, may have had a report of a suspicious person with or with out a fire arm.

The cops have a flow chart of sorts in there head when they come up on that.

Hand on gun but.. Command the the suspect to get on the ground.

Did suspect comply? Yes.. then gun still in holster and cuff suspect.
No.. Draw side arm and repeat command

On and on step by step... I doubt the cops pulled there side arm and fired right off the bat.

I am sure most of us on the board have had to deal with a cop at some point.. parking ticket speeding ticket or what other reason..

I walked/drove away... and I would bet most of you did too...

this guy ran... then stopped and turned... could he have had a knife or gun when he turned? Was he in a "threatening" manner?

All this vid does is bring up more questions than answers...

I would want the cops investigated more for the reason they discharged 10-12 rounds in such a densely populated area where a bystander could have gotten a stray round, than for shooting a fleeing suspect.

So inshort if the suspect would have complied when the cops first came up on him and went to the ground, he would have been cuffed and detained.

But the suspect chose to run, he chose not to comply with the cops command.
So he chose to get shot.

Both the cops and the suspect need to accept personal responsibility for there own actions.

·
Registered
Civic/4Runner
137 Posts
thats some real nice shottin there, 3 cops missing him the first time at 10 yards, so they gotta go back and do it at 5 yards. LoL, id like to see what the excuse was for so many shots fired, 2 center mass 1 head, how many shots did the one officer fire that had the light on his pistol? should have only been 3 shots fired if they had the intent to kill him at such close range. Granted alot of these people getting killed are probably on drugs so for them to actually be able to comprehend what is going on is slim.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
526 Posts
I would say a taser would have sufficed... But apparently they are not equipped with them.

But the background of both the cops and accused is not known. The cops may have had run in with him in the past, may have had a report of a suspicious person with or with out a fire arm.

The cops have a flow chart of sorts in there head when they come up on that.

Hand on gun but.. Command the the suspect to get on the ground.

Did suspect comply? Yes.. then gun still in holster and cuff suspect.
No.. Draw side arm and repeat command

On and on step by step... I doubt the cops pulled there side arm and fired right off the bat.

I am sure most of us on the board have had to deal with a cop at some point.. parking ticket speeding ticket or what other reason..

I walked/drove away... and I would bet most of you did too...

this guy ran... then stopped and turned... could he have had a knife or gun when he turned? Was he in a "threatening" manner?

All this vid does is bring up more questions than answers...

I would want the cops investigated more for the reason they discharged 10-12 rounds in such a densely populated area where a bystander could have gotten a stray round, than for shooting a fleeing suspect.

So inshort if the suspect would have complied when the cops first came up on him and went to the ground, he would have been cuffed and detained.

But the suspect chose to run, he chose not to comply with the cops command.
So he chose to get shot.

Both the cops and the suspect need to accept personal responsibility for there own actions.
Have you shot a taser?
For everyone that thinks the taser is the cure all, they are not.
Especially if you are an ass hole like me that know ways around them shocking you, its not rocket science.

The USA is becoming a shit hole, there are too many of these stories.
As a brother in law and friend of many officers, I know a many times they have pulled their guns, and put them back. I do not know one officer personally that has had to shoot.

I have heard stories from Gary officers that are totally fucked up, like carrying non issued ammo, extra barrels, etc.

I think some officers are to fast to pull the trigger, although stand in their shoes and see how fast you would pull the trigger to try to save your own life. People need to comply when dealing with officers, as well as exercise your rights.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Crip.. I will say I have not shot one, But I understand both electrodes must embed for it to work.

Now messing around some buddies and I were playing with a hand held one one day popping each other with it, this is the kind you carry for self protection

Yes it bit, but this was just momentary discharge, not a hit and hold on to the ground.

I would say it was about like getting bit by a bad plug wire.

Like you I have a few buds that are cops and CO's So I do hear about the training needed to be able to carry one.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
If you watch it carefully, he does seem to turn and motion both arms towards the officers, almost as if he turned to point something at them.

I actually dated a police officer and some of the stories she told me reaffirmed my belief that had I actually gone through with my original plan to become a police officer after high school, I probably would have quit or gone insane, or both. She had perps try to stab her because she was apprehending them for shoplifting. She's been spit on, hit, almost run over and a host of other dangers from people who had committed menial crimes.

I don't envy the jobs police officers have to do every day. It's take a special person to risk so much for people who care so little.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Have you shot a taser?
For everyone that thinks the taser is the cure all, they are not.
Especially if you are an ass hole like me that know ways around them shocking you, its not rocket science.
the X26 will shit on your science and leave you with that freshly raped feeling.

side note: the refill kit for the non leathel x26 if bought in bulk is still over $25 each time fired. yet I have shot leathal home made ammo that cost under a dime each round

1 - 14 of 14 Posts