Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find information on fog lights for my 97 civic. Mostly what I want to know is exactly what you have to do to install them. The other thing was to get clear or yellow fogs. I dont know which one works better and has better visibility.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Well as far as installing them, its not hard. The wries should be ran through the firewall already, all you have to do it run a plug into the fuzebox and then in the switch. The other end plugs up into the fog lights. You have to make two big holes in the bumper for them to fit tho. I have the clear, but Im gettin the JDM.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
not exactly how they install on the newer cars but on my eg i had to cut out where they go on the bumper.. then there are holes there to mount... ran the wiring that i bought with an inline fuse to the switch and i think i use the cig lighter fuse for power...
its not really that hard

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im pretty sure that you have to cut out the venting in the mouth on each side but in not sure how much of it because there is the front grill like piece then behind that there is more plastic.

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know where to find a write up or something about how to install the fogs?

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone know anything about what needs to be done?

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i still havent found anything that tells me about how to install the 96-98 fogs. I'm getting them tomorrow and i dont want to just start cutting up my bumper. But ill look and see if i can figure it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts