Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i hate the engine management that came with my turbonetics kit. the FIRST thing out of everyones mouth is wtf is that and why is it there.

i get sick of answering them and just tell them its there til i can get some hondata and a tune. basically, its not nearly as reliable as a properly tuned ECU in my opinion/experience. it will literally work MOST of the time but i dont know about ALL the time.

basically, i got hosed because i didnt do my homework now im trying to play catch up. i dont know if this helped you but i tried to explain my situation

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hate the engine management that came with my turbonetics kit. the FIRST thing out of everyones mouth is wtf is that and why is it there.

i get sick of answering them and just tell them its there til i can get some hondata and a tune. basically, its not nearly as reliable as a properly tuned ECU in my opinion/experience. it will literally work MOST of the time but i dont know about ALL the time.

basically, i got hosed because i didnt do my homework now im trying to play catch up. i dont know if this helped you but i tried to explain my situation
I was thinking of using one until I could afford the tune which is 400 dollars
I already have a basemap from xenocron coming I was just wondering If i could use it as a crutch

·
Banned
Audis, Vdub, R6,EVO8
1,594 Posts
Think of it this way, save till you get hondata or free crome you know the programs.

Motor now + turbo kit with fmu = good bye motor

Motor now + save = raping people with a good tune

·
Registered
901 Posts
fmu ftl!!! who is trying to charge you $400 for a tune? that's rediculous, unless you're actually purchasing the ecu, chipping, and tuning there. but you can usually get a good socketed ecu off here, or even a virgin ecu and it should cost you a lot less to tune it. as for the fmu, do yourself and your motor a favor and just wait. i don't feel as though they are very trust worthy

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
I was thinking of using one until I could afford the tune which is 400 dollars
I already have a basemap from xenocron coming I was just wondering If i could use it as a crutch
400 is cheap

in my area, there is really only one place to get your shit properly tuned and they charge 225/hr and it takes about 2hrs of tuning to get it perfect. and, sadly, NO ONE around here can tune anything but hondata. and that does NOT include chipping the ecu or anything...its strictly dyno time.

5speed4life could prolly hook you up with a decent tune and from what i hear he is pretty good at chipping the ecu's.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
So what did you block off the two prts on the intake plenum with?
im still using the management...i just got my kit up and running a couple months ago. its very sad, let me tell you...i dont think i got my moneys worth on the kit

·
Registered
The road
159 Posts
I really didnt want to hear that. I just started putting mine in tonight. So far so good. Minus the p/o has a ghetto exhaust job done so I have a little fabing to do....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts