Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ditch the fmu!!!!

get a real tune done, don't be a retard.

but if your dead set on it, post up a pic of the install. i can try and help you figure it out.

**disclaimer: if your engine blows up cause of any help, its not my fault. i already stated that the fmu was junk and need not but under the hood of your car**

·
Registered
85 Dyno gt
259 Posts
Use the fmu and limp it to a tuner, remove it, trash it and then get a tune.

Good luck and be sure to post some numbers.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
top port is vacume line, middle port is feed, and bottom is return.. but i highly suggest you getting a chipped ecu with some injectors, and go from there.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
could be something else. maybe the two haves are not sealed correctly. maybe the diaphram is bad. pics tend to lead people into looking at the item in question. which normally leads to one help ones self, cause the problem was easily seen.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yea i know but i did not do my homework by searching even by having a s200 i did no trust anybody to tune my car here in va

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i got that, i gotta order a chip kit and get a tune on it. but me and my friends boosted it today and then looking at it againg the o2 sensor isnt hooked up(wires to short) someone missed it i guess but would this cause a major problem with the computer and the injectors and fuel pump?we started this project at 2pm today and finished it around 830 so i just wanna get it running good enough til i get it chipped

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yea i know but i did not do my homework by searching even by having a s200 i did no trust anybody to tune my car here in va
http://www.shuetuning.com/

matt shue. he is hands down (imho) the best tuner in VA. you WILL NOT be disappointed with a tune from him.

ok i got that, i gotta order a chip kit and get a tune on it. but me and my friends boosted it today and then looking at it againg the o2 sensor isnt hooked up(wires to short) someone missed it i guess but would this cause a major problem with the computer and the injectors and fuel pump?we started this project at 2pm today and finished it around 830 so i just wanna get it running good enough til i get it chipped
bring it xenocron, chris will know exactly what to do with it ;).

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
http://www.shuetuning.com/

matt shue. he is hands down (imho) the best tuner in VA. you WILL NOT be disappointed with a tune from him.

bring it xenocron, chris will know exactly what to do with it ;).
agreed, i was gonna drive up there myself to get my tuning done, john kerr recommended this guy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
agreed, i was gonna drive up there myself to get my tuning done, john kerr recommended this guy
i am pretty sure i recommended him to you before. but you said something about your tuner being better. anyway, its all good. i never got a tune done by him, but i have ridden in some of the cars he has tuned. not one had any cross over issues (power spikes or a/f dips) while boosted, both in the dohc and sohc worlds. if he had more time when i was ready to tune, i would have had him do it. sadly, he was busy till four days before i had to drive across country to my new military base. oh well.
doesnt help me. cause i wouldnt be able to drive it there does he have base maps he could throw together
no, your best bet is www.xenocron.com for a tune. idk any other tuners in the northern east coast states.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im looking at it now and for what im running idk what im gonna put down for injectors yet cause im in the middle now i wanna got wit dsm injectors or maybe h22 injectors since i dont need a resistor box unless i put in the dsm ones

1 - 20 of 104 Posts