Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flywheel bolt are being a pain in the a**. I've hit them with an impact, air ratchet, i've even nearly pulled the engine down on top of myself trying to get them off with a breaker bar. What is it going to take? Anybody have any suggestions? I've got to get this thing together today.

·
Registered
263 Posts
seanthomas said:
Flywheel bolt are being a pain in the a**. I've hit them with an impact, air ratchet, i've even nearly pulled the engine down on top of myself trying to get them off with a breaker bar. What is it going to take? Anybody have any suggestions? I've got to get this thing together today.

wow... um, use hella WD-40 and as many anti-rust/ anti-locking aresol cans. then try to hit it.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
pb blaster every 30 mins for 2 hrs wait 30 mins then go at it...also i am not totally sure but the flywheel bolts may be reverse threaded ....

·
Registered
941 Posts
Low EG-T said:
pb blaster every 30 mins for 2 hrs wait 30 mins then go at it...also i am not totally sure but the flywheel bolts may be reverse threaded ....
they're not reverse threaded.

·
Registered
941 Posts
ah. I guess maybe those vehicles were motors that spun in the opposite direction of a d-series??

·
Registered
941 Posts
are you having problems with the flywheel spinning when you try to loosen the bolts?

·
Registered
741 Posts
gezzuzz said:
hit the bolts with a hammer.. then use the impact.. always works for me
I did this, but used a tap so it's more direct.

Or always try getting some air spray, for computers or what not..and spray it upside down onto the bolt, hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Heat them up and let them cool then hit them with a hammer, then use your impact on it, or your breaker bar. I had the same prob on my under drive pully!
so try that, thats what i did and it came of. but my fly wheel bolts came off pretty easy;)
good luck man!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lesson learned: Don't expect a $20 impact to do much of anything except make noise. I got them off. Finally. Just needed a better impact. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
i had that problem.. my friends impact wouldnt budge em at all.. some cp gun.. borrowed my friends mac gun.. took em off on the lowest setting.. :0wnage:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
seanthomas said:
Lesson learned: Don't expect a $20 impact to do much of anything except make noise. I got them off. Finally. Just needed a better impact. Thanks for your help.
:TU:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts