Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i've look around a bit for the answer but found nothing.I know the size differnce between the b2 and b7 oil pump but what is the the different in the flow rates between the too? (if there is any?). or in that matter all the flow rates.

Thanks
 

·
Brokedick Millionaire
Joined
·
40,239 Posts
they are the same. Honda only really screwed thing up on the Y7/Y8 motors.

The D15B2/7, D16A6, and D16Z6 all share the same oil pump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
transzex i always see you write and ather people say the y7 and y8 oil pumps are shit.. im not saying your wrong or anything but i have a y7, what should we look out for or can we do anything to prevent engine failure due to lack of oil pressure or flow? is there any proof of this or just a few people who forget to check their oil and blame it on the pump..

thanks
 

·
Cool User Title Here
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
konigcivic said:
transzex i always see you write and ather people say the y7 and y8 oil pumps are shit.. im not saying your wrong or anything but i have a y7, what should we look out for or can we do anything to prevent engine failure due to lack of oil pressure or flow? is there any proof of this or just a few people who forget to check their oil and blame it on the pump..

thanks
There is about a 30% difference in output from obd1 D16's to OBD2 D16's at a similar RPM range. Check this out:

OBD1:


OBD2:
 

·
Brokedick Millionaire
Joined
·
40,239 Posts
civic4ges, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Myself I've grown weary of correcting misinfo. Somedays I try to help, other days I don't give a shit. Only reason at first I came here, but good info on both forums.

SEARCH esp. with google goes along ways.......
 

·
Cool User Title Here
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
transzex said:
civic4ges, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Myself I've grown weary of correcting misinfo. Somedays I try to help, other days I don't give a shit. Only reason at first I came here, but good info on both forums.

SEARCH esp. with google goes along ways.......
I try and help all I can, however some just won't believe certain things (oil pump ratings, injector flow ratings). So I leave my comments as that, MY COMMENTS. Its hard to keep trying when everyone wants to believe everything else they read!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
civic4ges said:
There is about a 30% difference in output from obd1 D16's to OBD2 D16's at a similar RPM range. Check this out:

OBD1:


OBD2:
WOW awesome find.. this should be kept as a sticky or something.. this is important information for all to see.. this is like the end all to the oil pump flow rate thing...

now that there is rock solid information showing the obd2 flows less can the 0bd1 d16 oil pump be placed into an 0bd2 block .. has anyone tried this..
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
The "Y" series pump gear is also cast out of a much weaker material.
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Never tried it. I was going to senda Y8 gear to a frend back in TX and have him machine one out of a more durable material.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top