Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
00 civic dx cdm
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi today i stripped my eg because i wanted to clean it. anyways i threw the carpet in garbage cause the thing was horribly old and dirty just horrible. anyways i think it looks way cooler stripped :p the only thing is that its rusty specialy driver side. so what should i do? im vaccuming it to remove all the rust dust and rust particles but like i thought of applying rustoleum on the floor after i clean it... is it a good idea? i know the best would be to get a new floor pan and weld but im a dyi and am limited on equipment... got no welder nor cutting tool. so i thought of applying rustoleum? is there anything to do besides? like applying carbon fiber sheets then rustoleum over it? any idea?

thanks guys ;)

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
if the floor is rusty, be sure to check around the seat mounting points and door pinch support to see if its actually structural rust.

if its just on the floor and not super scaly, you can do what slo suggested and clean up all the loose rust, and prep it with a chemical converter, then do a heavy pass with filler primer to seal it up.

then you can simply bedline the interior, it will reduce the road noise a lot, which is a big thing on these cars when you strip them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.