Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering how i coudl cut out a square this shape on the hatchback fenders to fit in these jdm side blinkers?

I was also wondering if half a gallon of flip-flop chamelieon would be enoughh paint for my 90 civic 4 door primer if first i primer it, then a few coats of jet black, THEN 2 of the flip flop coats, and then clear coat it with clear.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
there is a write up on the sidemarkers in the DIY forum... as for half a gallon? that seems like a tiny amount of paint for an entire car. If its sprayed im sure you can stretch it out to cover it all. But there is a guy on there that painted his ride silver. Im sure he will post in here soon and let you know one how much it was to paint his eg (ej?)... but I think it would look hot just jet black, without this chameleon paint, but to each there own.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
here's the link to it in the DIY section: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29790

there's a template somewhere
Tibs said:
flat black!
:werd:

better yet, black epozy primer :TU: nice satiny finish like the skunk2 race cars :TU: :TU:

that what colour id like to do with mine in the next year since i have to do bodywork to the car anyways and i dont want to have to worry about waxing or maintaining a crazy shiny finish.

tell me this colour wouldn't look good on a civic...

but if you want to do chameleon paint then go for it :TU:. just expect to shell over the ducats to shylock for colour change paints because they certainly are not cheap :(

Attachments

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link. The body on my 4 door isnt so good,and im going for low cost/ghetto build so i have to do something with the paint job very fancy so you cant see all the dings.Also i got the paint for the low, 130.00 I am going to paint my streetbike or hatchback black.

How much for UK side markers?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
Thanks for the link. The body on my 4 door isnt so good,and im going for low cost/ghetto build so i have to do something with the paint job very fancy so you cant see all the dings.Also i got the paint for the low, 130.00 I am going to paint my streetbike or hatchback black.

How much for UK side markers?
probably the same price... and if you want to go for cheap? why get something that has a high shine? flat black with cover up the dings or a heck of a lot better then a gloss finish... pull up to any dinged car that isnt dirty, and you can see the dings a lot better then when it is dirty... it takes the shine away, and the different reflections the light can take after bouncing off the paint.

uk markers? prolly the same price, just picked up a used set of jdm eg side markers for mine, and only spent 23 shipped...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gf

Im not into the flat black look. I need some bling to go along with with 17" chrome tunners, and projectors headlights.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Everyone thinks a chameleon paint job cost like $3,000-9,000. The lowest custome paint job i can find is 1,500. I have some super gloss jet black and could make it even glossier with the clear coat but i need to add something fancy to this car considereing its a 90 4door thats 5 different collors with a not so perfect body. I had to get both fenders,a hood, trunk,and door from the junkyard. The body kit only cost me 300 and the car only cost 200. 4g 4d usualy only go for around 500-1000 tops. If i was working on my hatchback, a more desirable body style, i would try to keep it clean.

The side markers in link dont look like mine. I had to pay 39.99 pluss shipping for mine on ebay.

·
Registered
879 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
The body on my 4 door isnt so good,and im going for low cost/ghetto build so i have to do something with the paint job very fancy so you cant see all the dings.
DontSaveHer said:
I need some bling to go along with 17" chrome tuners, and projector headlights.
ghetto build, full of dents/dings, barely enough paint to cover the car, projector headlights, and bling-blangin' 17" chrome rims.

please just spare us the sight of this and save the money for a car in better shape. sorry, but this just sounds like another disaster destined for ricecop.com.

if you try to build a crappy car with gaudy parts you will end up driving a crappy car with gaudy parts, and people will notice that.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is some pics of my 4thGen 4Door, get a good look before i pimp my ride
http://fullautopaintball.8m.com/photo2.html

First off this is not a cheapo build and i am not takeing any shortcuts. Threw my experience building up a few hondas, i have come across enough parts to build another civic thats non vtak. I got the 1.5 4g4d DPFI for 200 without a tranny and a hole in the engine. However even though it needed new bumpers, fenders, headlights,hood, and a door, it does have a good enterior and power windows, a/c, power steering, ect. I had to get projector lights becouse the stock one where cracked and projecotrs are only like 40 a piece on ebay. Very nice cars have plain projector headlights. My 17's are not show rims withthe wrong offset, they are 22lb eagle alloy lieght weight tunners with 42mm offset so i can tuck them.

Even though the car looks like a beater i have installed
maxspeed 2.75" drop springs
Camber kits
A new transmission
New axles
drilled/slotted rotors
metalic break pads
tukico struts
Motor mount inserts
Rywire converted to dpfi harness
d16zc(a6) with crower rods, je pistons, stock bore stock compression
stiffer valve springs
better cam
performance bearings new oil pump z6 headgasket
Interior fully redid with new carpet, black raceing gauges, 95 4 door seats
si floor mats, shift boot,side fender blinkers
Custome garret t3/t4 turbo kit with blitz bov,
chipped pm6 blue 450cc injectors
si floor mats,
F1boxer body kit (off for paint)

The list goes on.In the end this car will be nice, considereing i got it with a big uluminum wing rigged to the trunk and "Fast And Extreme" winshield stickers (The local ripoff ricer store).

red4 said:
ghetto build, full of dents/dings, barely enough paint to cover the car, projector headlights, and bling-blangin' 17" chrome rims.

please just spare us the sight of this and save the money for a car in better shape. sorry, but this just sounds like another disaster destined for ricecop.com.

if you try to build a crappy car with gaudy parts you will end up driving a crappy car with gaudy parts, and people will notice that.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i dont understand how you can call those wheels lightweight lol and it may be built nice but that doesnt mean its going to look nice. imo and many others those cars llok best with minimal exterior mods and dropped on some 15 or maybe 16 in rims and thats stretching it.
you need to find someone that can give you a hook up on a paintjob because i think 1500 is a waste to spend on paint unless you cant get a hookup, i could have my camaro fully stripped and painted any color i want at a fraction over cost. try n find a painter to become friends with lol

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those wheels are light weightfor 17's . My drag raceing 17"s seeme twice as heavy wich get awsome traction wich wouldnt hurt at 17-20psi boost at around 300+hp. Sock steelies weigh 18 lbs without tires....My civic does have minimal exterior mods, and just about ever other body style is more desirable than the 88-91 4 door. I was suprised that alot of people on here think 16's are pushing it.

As far as the painting goes, i have a coupla of freinds that are painters. When i said 1,500, i meant for a custome paint job. This one guy doesnt do solid colors and will only do custome desighns like slime, wood grain, flames, two-tone , background affects, candies,pearls, chamelion,ect. for 1,200 for me. As far as a single color you could get for half of that 750.00 or cheaper.

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
Not to sound like I'm being discouraging.....but if you aren't cutting any corners and such why are you calling it a ghetto buildup, further why are you asking what is the minimum paint you can get by with. Then you say you are going to drop money on 17" chrome/polished rims (by the way 22lbs is not light for 17's, check out Ray's or Volk rims). If you need some body work, best get it taken care of first as once it's painted it'll show up even more. If you don't like flat black, then just sand it down and primer it all one color so at least it looks like you're trying to work on it, because at this point it just looks like half the cars I see around here driven by illegal mexicans (no, not talking about good or bad, just a comment.) when they try to fix a car by replacing random colored body panels so they don't have to go to a body shop. Also, there are a lot of people (myself included) that really like the old EF sedan chassis and think that a lot can be done with them. Oh, and the reason most people say 16's is pushing it has to do with rotational mass and the amount of power it takes to push them as opposed to a smaller wheel, just take a look at professional drag racers and see what wheels they have on their cars with slicks.....<shrug> oh, and by the way are there any pics of your hatch? I'm interested in the 300+ drag hatch. Mind you I'm not saying that it's not true, but I hadn't seen it and would like to. Have a good day.:)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ghetto build bieng i wouldnt usualy get clear corners,i only have chrome yellow, and chameleion flip=flop paint to paint it kus thats what i already have. The chrome 17's will look like 20's almost becouse it will be dropped 3 inches on them, then with projector headlights and the f1 boxer body kit it will look like an oldschool bmw or mercedies or something.

I sold my old chipped heavy drag 17's for 500 and got those eagle alloys for 500 shipped so it was like a even switch, and these look way beter than black drag chiped rims. I got realy good prices on everything like 500 for rims when everyoen else wanted like 7-900. I got the crower rods and je pistons for 300, that a 1,000 combo. The everyone want 250 just for the front bumper and i got the whole body kit for 300.Free oil pump saved me 150.00

I know i need to primer it, but im in the prosser of puttin a garage door on my building, so i can pull my car in becouse its to cold outside to paint.

As far as the drag hatch, the motor is ready for me to pick up from the shop with eagle rods,je pistons, and ductile iron sleeves, im expsecting 400hp form it. My little 4 door will be seeing 300hp on stock sleeves.

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
Please tell me that you didn't pay $500 for just eagle alloys rims with no tires.

Please tell me that you understand that the diameter of your wheels has less to do with traction than your tires and what tread compound they have.

As far as what you want to do with the looks of the car, hey, to each his own, but I would make sure that you know what you want for certain before you start spending money randomly.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts