Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the urging of a good friend I'm finally posting my current civic build.

Last year my 94 4dr was stolen from a local body shop and joyrided to death, left in an intersection and stripped for parts. Now its on to bigger, better, and dumber ideas.

Started with a, relatively, clean 97 hatch:

Got rid of the rotas, skunk2 coils, and tokiko shocks:

ITR calipers, TSX StopTechs, and Mini rotors:

Integra trailing arms, RSX calipers, and EP3 rotors:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Currently has a set of CBR600RR throttle bodies on it and an ebay 4-2-1 header. I'll be posting pics and descriptions of the whole process soon.

The future motor build is:
Y7 block/ A6 crank
Vitara pistons/ p2p0 rods
d15b 3-stage head
delta 272 cam
td05h-152g6-12t turbo
CBR1000rr throttle bodies

The final suspension will be a set of 4x inboard mounted yamaha R1 shocks and adjustable blade sway-bars

Did I mention dumb ideas was the theme of this car?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Currently has a set of CBR600RR throttle bodies on it and an ebay 4-2-1 header. I'll be posting pics and descriptions of the whole process soon.

The future motor build is:
Y7 block/ A6 crank
Vitara pistons/ p2p0 rods
d15b 3-stage head
delta 272 cam
td05h-152g6-12t turbo
CBR1000rr throttle bodies

The final suspension will be a set of 4x inboard mounted yamaha R1 shocks and adjustable blade sway-bars

Did I mention dumb ideas was the theme of this car?

get to the workn' overtime part!

:) needs to see pics of the dumb stuff..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick update...

Been playing with some 3d printing. Built a vacuum manifold and have been running it without incident for the last few months.

Also beginning to work on the turbo motor. Built some tools to help:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got around to putting in the 20th anniversary eg transmission I picked up from hmotors. Swapped in a 1.033:1 4th gear and put a speedfactory return spring in. I'm completely floored by the difference both of these mods made. Transmission whines on decel in 4th gear 4k and under. I had a shop shorten the countershaft side of the 4th gear per bense's post. My guess is that it's a touch too long.

The second try at this I cut myself using CBN tooling on my lathe. Took the existing 4th gear out and made my new one match. Going to run what I have for now until I build up another gearbox.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts