Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am driving into work today when i get that horrible whirring sound, so i realize oh great got a flat hop out change the tire, still getting the weird whirring sound. On my lunch break just now, I took it for a spin around the parking lot not so bad on the spare but it does it when i turn left(this is on the passenger front side where the sound is comming from)not so much when I turn Right. The thing i noticed was the lug nuts were pretty hot like no brake fluid, checked brake fluid just shy of max line. So with that said and my very minimal troubleshooting on the matter I think its probaly a wheel bearing issue, any other suggestions/ideas of what i should look for? I am obviously gonna have to take in the flat and get it fixed so i'll have them check it at that point but i thought a wheel bearing makes a constant whirring sound when going straight too?? I am a little confussed at this point and not
Unhappyoking forward to my hour drive home in the middle of the night either...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its kinda hard to tell what the problem is with out hearing it. Cause if its a wheel bearing you could tell.
Easy way to check for that is to lift up the side where the sound is coming from, and grab the wheel and move it back and forth, check for slop...

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you thats what i was forgetting to do, I kinda did that but it was on the ground so i'll prob jack it up tonight and check that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts