Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i thought i would make a flat black thread since i still and just got a question on my old flat black civic(it belongs to dave - sillyimportracer). well i will say this for everyone whose ask and haven't ask it was a stage 1 spray minus clear coat. the guy that did for me stated he would NEVER do a another flat black paint job again. dave can vouche for this it wasn't perfect. the reason was that he had to mix into the paint a hardener so the paint can be protected or act like a paint job with clear coat. the problem with this was that the minute it was sprayed, the paint would start to dry almost instantly. so he had to almost make every spray perfect, which wasn't and he swore a lot. lol.
well now after a year or so BASF came out with a flat paint(where the fuck were they when i need this. lol.)
BASF R-M Carizzma Flat Paint
http://www.carizzmacolors.com/news.html

so i'm going to say this please if you want to have a flat black car do it right and you'll notice real head turn in wow not in yuk.

"friend don't let friends rice their cars."

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
he had to mix into the paint a hardener
That explains why it's so hard to sand. Base coat isn't intended to have hardener added. If you're going flat black...or any flat color...use the right materials.

I've got a couple more days of sanding & the main body & fenders will be ready to prime.

I just need to come up with a few good, used body parts for cheap & I can finish the cosmetic portion of the resurection.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
that WRX looks sick!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.