Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now im sure someone on here has said how to do this but i didnt find anything but didnt search hard either. i know the general concept of a flamethrower exhaust setup but i need to know how to inject something into the path of the flame or will my standard fumes be good enough?

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Tyler has it right, go buy a wrx. haha. my friend was laying down something like 296 to the wheels in his wrx and you could see that thing belch flames.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my last teg would shootem when i shifted up and down. i just think its cool looking i was thinking about a lil propane torch bottle behind the seat and just rout the line to the back of my exhaust and throw some flames out with that but i dunno i jsut like it

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
iwannaracecar said:
well my last teg would shootem when i shifted up and down. i just think its cool looking i was thinking about a lil propane torch bottle behind the seat and just rout the line to the back of my exhaust and throw some flames out with that but i dunno i jsut like it
gay!!!! no point imo

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
well, I don't think it's worth it in my opinion....well, unless you want to catch your bumper on fire like a buddy of mine did with his supra....but other than that I don't think I'd bother....although if absolutely must do it....make your car do it for real, not that fake ass shit from 2f2f.

Now...a civic that pops flames...on video....that would be an interesting avatar.........lmfao

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i just think that shit looks cool, my new exhaust im building sticks out past the bumber a lil soi dont have to worry about that, and i dont know how tomake it do it on its own? do i just run it rich change the fuel curve?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe no point to popin' fireballs out, but each person has their own ideas for what they think is cool. He asked "how-to", not rate it. IWANNA, running rich fuel just fouls stuff up. Yes the propane will work (plumbers torch bottles work good). The kit from Autoloc is a main part to the flames, but will NOT make them shoot out on a fuel-injected car (is basically a firing mechanism for the spark plug you put in the tail pipe). This 2 part method is an ignitor (sparkplug) and a combustible supply (Propane, etc.), which should be mounted after any muffler or cat (unless you're running a 'straight-through type canister in which case you could mount them before it). The kit has all instructions. You will have to make a trip to your local hardware store and local autoparts store. Hope this helps. Sorry for the long post. IF you do go for it, get some video of you roasting some marshmellows ;-)
Laterz

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
If your not catalysed and run rich, only ignitor coil and spark plug in the exhaust, and car will spit fire... I've made it in toyota tercel :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts