Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok read what i have to say before flaming me (no pun intended)

last night as i turned off a main road a honda, i believe prelude, reved up and accelerated past. well when he reved up he shot a small flame from the exhuast. i dont think his car was turbo, and i dont know the stup he was running. what i want to know is what causes this to happen?? I know it is unburned fuel being burned up, but how is it ignited?? and how can i achieve this without going turbo?? right now i have a pretty much straight through exhaust setup. megan racing headers, racing cat, and tsudo exhaust. i have seen other cars do this and always wanted to be able to do it to get those tailgaters to back off:werd:

oh and i dont want to use the propane method, that to me would be :rice:

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Wanting flames shooting out of the exhaust is :rice:

My old CRX did this; I hated it(it'll do it when you let off the gas without the clutch and get back on the gas)

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
So we have 2 thread going now about exhaust poppin fires haha.....

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats illegal?? i didn't know that. but i get pulled on a regular basis anyway so no biggie there, plus i live where the majority of people have open exhaust on there trucks so i am pretty quiet compared to them.

·
Registered
Honda
236 Posts
Ive seen some1 do the spark plug thing. Where you put the spark plug at the tip of the muffler and i think you run a wire to it and it shoots flames. But i think its pretty lame

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
When I was in high school, I had a 71 Beetle that shot flames out the exhaust when I let off the gas. I thought it was cool...but then I was in high school @ the time. & yes, I got pulled over for it. But, the cop was cool & just told me to fix it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts