Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im gettin ready to purchase the fjt custom length rods if i can get a set beein they are on backorder but anyways does anyone know what the length of the rod will be and how much will it up my compression ratio using the vitaras in a a6 block w a6 head using the z6 headgasket? I decided to go this way since eagles will drop it real low. Also how much hp can these things hold?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
they've done 600whp so far.

also not sure on the compression.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see ur rocking turbo edit thats what im using now but i like the numbers and plan on gettin a bullseye 57 trim heard good things about them hopefully these rods will get me a good enough cr and thanks man i will post one in engine building

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks danz if i got my block decked would that make it too high? i would like it to be like mid to high 8s maybe low 9s whats cheaper tho milling the head or decking the block? Also would i accoplish my goal of gettin it higher?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
interesting topic ( even though I'm sure it's been covered before). I too am curious about the CR with these rods verus eagle with different HG's, and mill or decking.

According to the compression calculator you'd be at about 8.5 if you milled the head .040 which is still a little low. Me personally I'd like to be at stock CR, 9.1.

To the OP, play around with this, it'll answer all of your questions.
Honda D-Series Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Now if your on the minus side of the piston-to-deck height will it hurt anything?
depends how much space you have between the top of the deck and the lowest part of the combustion chamber

with a Y8 head, you are in trouble :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts