Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car had a surging issue. It would surge at idle, i took off my IACV and FIAV and cleaned them, along with cleaning my intake and Throttle body. after the first cleaning the problem was still there. I went through them all again. Now my idle is perfect. But when i step on the gas just slightly and extreme idle surging happens. Any ideas on what it could be? I tested my TPS for any dead spots, none found. Could this be caused by an O2 sensor? I put a new one in... maybe bad wiring? I have no idea what i am doing at this point.

mods are as follows, although i dont think these are the issues... but maybe
New bearings, piston rings, oil pan on bottom end
new springs, valves, 3 angle job, head resurface, gaskets all over.
no name intake and exhaust.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
right now im getting surging around 2000 rpm till i get on it almost like a lag. currently have a o2 sensor cel that wont go away no matter how many times i change it. i would look into it bro.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok well I checked voltage at the tps. It goes from .45 up to 4.5 so maybe ill check it at the ecu. Anyone know how to check the o2 sensor wiring from the car. I just put a new o2 sensor in. Maybe I have a wire issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok its getting warm today. So i went out there. tested tps at sensor. good. tested at ecu. good. got stumped. started car. tested tps sensor when my car is part throttle so it goes up and down. and what do you know the volt meter is all over the place. so does this mean i need a new tps? or wiring? or something else.

and to chase. there is only one o2 that i know of. and its in my header. and there is no CEL cause i have no cluster/dash. And there is no OBD port on a 95 to get it read. its a series of flashes when you hook a few wires togerther. but like i said no cluster/dash/anything inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts