1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do at ya own will .. be smarrt

i did this in the snow shit iz fun
1. go to a well open place with no cars
2. go stright and around 25 or 20 mph turn the wheel 1 1/2x to the right and pull up the e-brake AT THE SAME TIME.
3. when you are sliding and the side of the car is almost sidwayz turn the wheel all the way but the other direction.
4. get control of ya car
5. do it again or go home

i been doing this for like 2 months and still scared to go around conners and i will never do that... it stupid if u do cuz ya not a pro

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I drive aggressively everywhere I go. Take suggested 10mph turns at 40-45... I have to countersteer. It's fun, and definately gives you better judgement and control over your car. I used to do ebrake stuff when I had stock tires, then I stopped when I got the Yokohamas... I realized how my nice tires don't deserve the torture.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a turn around here that's a hairpin turn (yep...), you turn onto a bridge...normally you have to come to a complete stop or pretty close to turn around it..but everytime I fly towards it....slow when very gradually, slam the steering wheel....and spin the car around the corner, coming out on the gas...it's very fun. Well, was...don't do it anymore either. I can't beat up my car that badly..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, let off the gas when coming towards the turn....like coasting, and when the apex comes up, turn it all the way to the left like 360 degrees and slam the gas and countersteer into a perfect straight line and maximum exit speed.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The greatest thing is, I was with a friend, and he goes "hey, the turn is here". I smiled calmly, and said "I know.". And then took that turn hard..scared the crap out of em'..fun stuff!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toddnos said:
you guys are dumb,,,,,gonna wreck yo shit. :?
if you want to drift, get a 240sx. remember, if your just learning to drift, you WILL wreck you car. its just a fact of life.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your suspension is set up right, you dont need to e-brake, just lift.
Drifting is sooooo much fun.
The best place to learn is at an Auto-X driving school or at SpeedtrailUSA's drift days. People there can help you adapt your drifting to various circumstances.

I learned at an Auto-X school, but that still didn't keep me from kissing a guard rail up in Big Bear.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lift off oversteer is your friend.

Just dont do it going over a turning crest- there is NO way you will be able to re-gain control at a decent speed :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea ya right it dose lead to crashing if ur going around a conner i like to it in open areas but tires cost 2 much so i dont do it no more

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have done more cornering then drag no strips. its all fun tho drifting dragin ... lol anything with cars is good as long as ya safe

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea it dose ... lol my car cant take the regular wear and tear so auto x is crazy

·
Registered
320 Posts
no i have to say that i was a drifter long b4 it was "cool" it was just a huge V8 and a lot of power bt we called it mad displasyes of power... than i saw this kid in a SE-R do a FF drift.. it made me wonder.. that is how i leard in my civic, and now well its jsut somthing good for when i'm trying to get out of a bad situation

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
HXDrager97 said:
no i have to say that i was a drifter long b4 it was "cool" it was just a huge V8 and a lot of power bt we called it mad displasyes of power... than i saw this kid in a SE-R do a FF drift.. it made me wonder.. that is how i leard in my civic, and now well its jsut somthing good for when i'm trying to get out of a bad situation
what kind of bad situation are you drifting out of???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts