Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I've been lurking for a few months now, registered a couple months ago and today I'm finally posting.

There's a lot of good info here but unfortunately lots of pics are 404 or it's hard to find a specific question.

I'm working on my D16Z6 and setting up my first turbo ever. I've done some work on a previous 420a (headers, exhaust, camgear, electrical) and rebuilt a Jetta A4 engine, so I'm fairly ok when it comes to simple things.

Anyways, I got the GEM Intake Manifold, which according to you guys it's the best for turbo applications.

I have some questions regarding the installation.

There are some holes that will be left empty as there are no hoses or anything that will port directly from the OEM IM

Do I just buy some plugs/screws to cover those holes? or am I missing something? This is from the back and the side of the manifold.

Also, the hose that comes from whothefuckknowswhere (see pic) goes into the manifold, but the connector does not screw into the GEM IM, as it does in the OEM version, do I need to buy an adapter? if so, which one?

I'll submit images below as I can't upload pics on my first thread.

Hopefully I made myself clear.

Cheers!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
You can put a bolt with an oring on it if you want to seal them. You can get fittings to go into those threads to turn them into vacuum lines or whatever you need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the quick reply.

do I need to get special fittings for the vacuum lines? (ie any specific material)
any recommendations and where to get them?

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
That's one purty intake mani you got there

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
..so you know whats in there right?

And you know what appliances or operations might use whats in there?

you Should be able to answer you own questions if you just sit down and think about it.

Some people build things from scratch, you know..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
..so you know whats in there right?

And you know what appliances or operations might use whats in there?

you Should be able to answer you own questions if you just sit down and think about it.

Some people build things from scratch, you know..
more less, that's why asked. I'd rather make stupid questions than make an assumption.

You can put a bolt with an oring on it if you want to seal them. You can get fittings to go into those threads to turn them into vacuum lines or whatever you need.
got the fittings thanks a lot. looks good to go.

I'm taking my time to build this, I'll make sure to post pics once I put it back on, I'm waiting for the gasket to arrive.

cheers,

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd check to see what threads they are . . . presumably NPT and looks like 1/4 or 1/8"

If they are pipe, you can get plugs from any hardware store (You end up with a bunch over time) and use a little teflon tape and they will seal up since pipe threads are cut on a very small taper.

That one hose you're holding onto looks like the line for the brake booster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts