Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K....I know I'm probably going to get blasted in here, but you guys have the experience, I don't. What I am proposing is swapping out my high CR build and slapping on a GO-AUTOWERKS kit...... bigger injectors, swap pistons to lower comp, and re-tune....of course I'm not telling you the grand scheme of what HP I'm looking at haha!

Think it's worth it? I plan on keeping the car for quite sometime, and painting it eventually, I've got the supporting mods to go along with high/moderate boost levels. Build list ( http://www.d-series.org/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2683 ) Problem is cost....better to piece it together and be patient or call Greg over at GOW?

So frustrating not being competitive!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
we cant tell you if its worth it if we dont know a hp level, what parts will be used, and if you can wait and are patient enough you will save money checking the for sale threads all the time

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we cant tell you if its worth it if we dont know a hp level, what parts will be used, and if you can wait and are patient enough you will save money checking the for sale threads all the time
Looking between 350-400hp range....I know, ridiculous. The kit I'm looking at is there S-RACE kit. Needs to be tough enough to withstand DD and track duties..

Funny you mention that...I check the classifieds ALL the time for good deals in there...it's hard writing down everything you need, and piecing it together.

·
Registered
The Sol
91 Posts
I think its worth it... only cause Im a turbo guy lol

But it all depends on your budget imo, if you cant afford having your car sit for a while or the funds then dont do it. If you plan on doing a simple build with a goal range of 250-300 hp I think it should last a long time as long as you get a good tune and take care of the motor. Quality parts will make a huge difference as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts