Honda D Series Forum banner

First time to the track

762 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Speedjunky01 
#1 · (Edited)
***UPDATE*** First time to the track

Well tonight is the night late night drags at portland international raceway going to be my first time ever running the 1/4 mile. Nothing special done with my car just have d16y8 manual tranny aem short ram intake, dc sports short shifter and also going to take out my spare tire and jack if it helps any I have no clue but i am running a 2000 civic coupe ex i looked up some stats and it says it runs 16.5 stock so we will see I will let you all know how I do.:D

#5 ·
good luck:TU:, I want to run mine on a .25 soon

#6 ·
***UPDATE*** First time to the track

Well I must say it was alot of fun, My first run was against my buddy in his 97 civic coupe i/h/e. My 1,2,3 run i had major wheel hop launching at 4k, so my last run I burnt off some rubber before hand and launched at 3 1/2k and it was real smooth and i broke 80 mph:p :D

#7 · (Edited)
practice driving my man, plastic SRI, ebay heatwraped header,catback, short shifter, timing at 16btdc. dead clutch and a blow to shit lower TQ mount :)

I did a 16.4@82mph on a 2.43(best was a 2.31 but I bogged on that one :() 60ft. I also removed the jack and everything from the trunk. also had just the PS pump belt removed.

Im heading down wednesday since I just got the car runing for a test and tune sesion. I just installed an AEM cam gear and ES motor mounts.I also completley removed all components of AC and PS. ill let you know on the weight of that stuff. I plan on removing back seats too.

I think if I get it dialed in right ill be in the 15's no problem. i just need to have the cam gear dialed in first then the ignition and itll be good.

what rims/ tires are you running man? I have rota c8's with 205/40/16 ran them at 38psi cold LOL!! I will drop them to like 25psi and work my way up see what works. get your 60ft's down man practice launching more dude. Ihave the same car no reason you should be runing the same times if not better.

#9 ·
Hellhatch said:
Thats not to bad just have to keep going to get more experience.
treu I got my 16.4 on my first ever run at a track, but Idid practice dozzen or so times on backroads.

#10 ·
Speedjunky01 said:
practice driving my man, plastic SRI, ebay heatwraped header,catback, short shifter, timing at 16btdc. dead clutch and a blow to shit lower TQ mount :)

I did a 16.4@82mph on a 2.43(best was a 2.31 but I bogged on that one :() 60ft. I also removed the jack and everything from the trunk. also had just the PS pump belt removed.

Im heading down wednesday since I just got the car runing for a test and tune sesion. I just installed an AEM cam gear and ES motor mounts.I also completley removed all components of AC and PS. ill let you know on the weight of that stuff. I plan on removing back seats too.

I think if I get it dialed in right ill be in the 15's no problem. i just need to have the cam gear dialed in first then the ignition and itll be good.

what rims/ tires are you running man? I have rota c8's with 205/40/16 ran them at 38psi cold LOL!! I will drop them to like 25psi and work my way up see what works. get your 60ft's down man practice launching more dude. Ihave the same car no reason you should be runing the same times if not better.
I am running Enkie 17x7 RSV color Anthracite Grey, 205/40zr-17 Bridgestone Potenza on about 40psi last night about 80 degrees out, What is a good launch rpm for you????

#11 ·
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
I am running Enkie 17x7 RSV color Anthracite Grey, 205/40zr-17 Bridgestone Potenza on about 40psi last night about 80 degrees out, What is a good launch rpm for you????

wow yea rims slow people down for sure lol. I ran in identical conditions, was duskish and about 80*. I launched atabout 3800 to 4200 since a motor mount was blown apart and the clutch slips high.I just tried a few launches at 5000 on backroads and car actualy hooks up!!!!!

get es mototr mounts fucking AWESOME product man. and they areabout 35 bucks from summitracing.com

#13 ·
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
sweet i will have to check that out thanks bro, my clutch is f***in fried just got to get the bling to buy something decent
same here man, I cant do a burnout on dry ground LMAO

#15 ·
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
I have a company account at les schwab and get shit at discount i am going to get some drag radials i think and maybe some 15" rims
15' are a great medium place between handeling and drag wheels. I went with 16" more cornering is none in my car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.