Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time honda Engine Build edit:pICS!!

Right now im just doing my pricing to start buying parts after christmas ... if anyone can post places to get teh best deals/prices on parts let me know in the thread ill post pics as i go along.

engine D16y8

Parts Needed
Crower STG 3 CAM
skunk 2 adjustable cam gear
Crower TI Retainers and Springs
P29 pistons with race barring(sp) and all the seals and crap
Home made ITBS still not sure on what throttle boddy to use for a d16y8 for the best match up. most likely wanting to use a honda one because of ease of wireing compadability.
Ported head for the cam
aluminum rad
Tuning with eighter crome or hondata s300 not sure what is better to use

non engine parts needed
i got a good deal on full skunk 2 pro track coilovers
polyurithane motor mounts
wheel spacers for nicer stance

Parts already installed
already have a custom header on the car.
full 2.5" exhaust with high flow cat and 3"twin loop muffler
2.5" E-cutout
short shifter
Fidanza light weight flywheel
Bully Ottawa Clutch
shitty coilovers that are getting replaced
CF Hood which is hard to get for this car
knock off sparco seats made by alpha

Ill get a pic of the car later and no my application isnt a civic, accord or fiero...

edit pics...

other than engine i gotta do some front bumper body work im getting a new style grill and my drivers side front fender is getting redone.. and yes i do all my own body work and paint

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Check the vendors forum (not sure if you can see it until you hit 65 posts or not).

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
dude... i like this car. alot. idk why. the body lines are appealing to me. good luck wiht the build man. i like the car!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys lots of work has gone into this car i wish i could show you the trunk its quite unique its self but on with the topic ... i just need to know about the parts im getting if its right for the build and where to get the parts from. and what numbers ill be estimated to be pushing out with a good tune... i will also need help tuning this once its set up

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
nice EL! ive always liked the front end on them!

but in terms of your parts search id recommend doing a search for any canadian shops that way you save on the exchange rate (which sucks) and any BS customs charges that you will have to pay.

If you are forced to buy out of the US try to ask the seller to ship with a company other than UPS, as they are known to rape you on anything you buy thats not from canada.....i know cause i have been a victim numerous times :no:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice EL! ive always liked the front end on them!

but in terms of your parts search id recommend doing a search for any canadian shops that way you save on the exchange rate (which sucks) and any BS customs charges that you will have to pay.

If you are forced to buy out of the US try to ask the seller to ship with a company other than UPS, as they are known to rape you on anything you buy thats not from canada.....i know cause i have been a victim numerous times :no:
Thanks i end up having to buy lots of stuff from the US just cuz canadian parts dealers in my area are becoming shit. Lots have never even heard of crower so i for my cam im just gonna buy right from the crower site... whats the best vaulve springs to get and ti retainers with out haveing to give and arm and leg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts