Honda D Series Forum banner

First time head porting

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  atheworld0 
#1 ·
Guys I've looked at a lot of threads and I'm trying my own head porting. I'm not going too wild just a de - bur and opening the mouth a little ways to gasket match. Tell me what you think I should take more off from. This will be for a boosted vitara/fj looking for 400 whp with my garret 57 trim. Not sure on cam yet.

See less See more
#4 ·
From what I've gathered the biggest disruption in flow is the excess material from where the valve seat is installed in the head. The bowl, smoothing that out and getting that area even is a priority. But in all honesty big numbers have been made on stock heads. Even on the y8 at that

#12 ·
Ok thanks. I should get back to it this week. I'm not looking for anything crazy, mostly trying to get rid of the casting marks. On the exhaust I'm gonna open her up a lot, but I don't think there is too much I can do to hurt that side being that a turbo is going after it

#15 ·
Looks like mine. :lol: Perhaps yours is better. Nice work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.