Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I've looked at a lot of threads and I'm trying my own head porting. I'm not going too wild just a de - bur and opening the mouth a little ways to gasket match. Tell me what you think I should take more off from. This will be for a boosted vitara/fj looking for 400 whp with my garret 57 trim. Not sure on cam yet.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
From what I've gathered the biggest disruption in flow is the excess material from where the valve seat is installed in the head. The bowl, smoothing that out and getting that area even is a priority. But in all honesty big numbers have been made on stock heads. Even on the y8 at that

·
Registered
731 Posts
SOHCitTOem do you have a picture of what you mean when you say ''the excess material from where the valve seat is installed''?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks. I should get back to it this week. I'm not looking for anything crazy, mostly trying to get rid of the casting marks. On the exhaust I'm gonna open her up a lot, but I don't think there is too much I can do to hurt that side being that a turbo is going after it

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Looks like mine. :lol: Perhaps yours is better. Nice work

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree. I think port size is very different between na and turbo. Anyway this is basically just getting rid of the casting marks. Not a whole lot of material removed besides opening up the mouth to gasket match.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts