Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi this is my first time building a motor now i have a part i see guys are useing Vitara piston now i see guys useing the zex cam 53900 or crower stage 2 now what else should i do next remembers this my first time building what kind of turbo setup now what u guys think about the turbo setup iam breaking my head sooo please help me:hammer:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Start by telling us what your planning on doing, or what your goals are, that would help.

·
Registered
435 Posts
what motor?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im a n00b at imports but those parts look kinda cheap. I have a 92 ex with the D16z6. I threw a rod, but didn't go through the block, so its buildable. I want to do an auto to manual conversion, I already priced the parts, looks fairly simple. I think Im going to buy a JDM D15B with the LSD for $895 till I build the other block.

·
Registered
435 Posts
duh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahahha they look cheap hahhahah but the power they can make do ur
research then come back and tell me if there worth it 4 the price iam new on this

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i would say no. get a set from member FJT on here if he has them in stock. i think they are like 130 or something like that for pistons, rings, and wrist pins. those are the good ones. TT rods are 210 i believe. then ARP head studs, a real turbo setup(not some Ebay junk), and a good tune, and you'll be set. there is a member here with a similar setup and is running 11's.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hahahha they look cheap hahhahah but the power they can make do ur
research then come back and tell me if there worth it 4 the price iam new on this
Like I said, Im new to imports. If this was a bowtie thread talking 383 strokers in an S-10 with a 9" ford rearend with 4:11 strange gears running 9's then ok :) I just sold my S-10 last summer. Now I want to learn all I can about my honda with the help from you experienced ones. I have investigated between the SOHC's a DOHC's and there is more potential to the D SOHC's than I imagined! 479 WHP still awes me, I wasn't even close to that in my S-10. You have my full and undivided attention ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what kind of turbo setup should i get what u think about the heads should i do sum thing to it or leave it stock

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Look into makin your own setup. Godspeed makes a good kit that Im thinkin about gettin. As far as the head, might get the crower turbo cam or the zex 59300 cam.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats tru i think i should make my own but i dont wanna f34k up i heard about the crower and the zex 53900cams which 1 u think its better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts