Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am kinda new at the boost thing i have had a 04 nissan sentra spec-v and 4 hondas but right now i am driving a 03 mustang gt and have a 90 hatch but my dream car is a d series boosted 92-95 hatch i dont know what it is everytime i buy a car i want to go back to a honda. ok i for the qestion : i want to build the motor first so what head is the best for boost on a d16 engine. i am going to build bottom end for boost and am just trying to get a good idea on what i need for this project. in the end i want to run low 13s mabe high 12s in the 1/4 witch would be around 350hp right?

·
Registered
504 Posts
proven setup eagle rods or custom i beams by fj, vitara pistons, acl bearings, stock head and a good turbo. i would pm greg at goautoworks he could get you a good turbo for yor hp goals. Like a Garrett T3 Super 60 thats what a friend of mine is running and hes makeing 305hp at like 18 psi i think

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
the way i under stand it is that hesitate going to build the motor he has, and when he gets the 92-95 hatch he will just swap motors.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i think your putting the cart before the horse here... search around the site. No offense, but It sounds like you need to do some researching and learning before you go throwing parts at something.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
i think your putting the cart before the horse here... search around the site. No offense, but It sounds like you need to do some researching and learning before you go throwing parts at something.
x2 lots to learn especially if you think 350 is only gonna get you 12's or 13's try mid to low 11's with slicks an if you can drive. Look around a little more at other memebers setups and check the stickies. You have lots to learn my friend. Now after you do all that and have more specific questions after you have done your own research then we will be more than happy to help you out. Happy searching and welcome to the dark side:yes:

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
search my friend... 350hp will get high 11's to mid 11's, but not low 11's... and it will take you a while to get into the 11's trust me

·
Registered
199 Posts
You should be able to hit 12s on street tires with 350hp...

Asssuming you know how to drive that is...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts