Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been on her for a bit just looking at builds and seeing how some people have done it and trying to learn as much as I can for my first turbo build. I have a 93 EX coupe with the original Z6 with 93k original miles. My plan is to shoot for 350-400 wheel(might be a bit far fetched but we'll see what happens). I have a Y8 block with forged rods and piston heads, 750cc RC injectors, 255lhp HP walbro fuel pump, P28 ECU, Glow shift boost and oil pressure gauge (I know there not the greatest:/) and lastly I have a Go-Autoworks street kit with Garrett GT28 turbo and three inch down pipe add on. I plan to get Neptune RTP, PLX DM6 wideband, and another Z6 head to put on the Y8 block(I know that one of the head studs are different), also APR head studs, 3 bar map, also the rest of the odds and ends and stuff I'm forgetting to put in that are needed as well. My question's to you guys is do you think this is possible to reach my goal with my set up? (I know having all this stuff means nothing with out a good tune) Is there anything I should be looking into instead of something above. What you guys know about the head studs and what can be done about it. basically anything you may think would helpful because I know that there are alot of people on here that have been building and toying with these motors for years and have alot I could learn from. I have done a bunch of research over the last 6 months on here and other forms so know a little bit, but far from knowing everything.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Holy batman wall of text.
Paragraphs man.

but I don't think the turbo will make it to 400hp, and from what I remember is the injectors might be pushing it I could be wrong but thought people used 800cc- 1000 cc for 350 whp in up.

And the glow shift gauges are good. I use them and have always had glows hit n never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Holy batman wall of text.
Paragraphs man.

but I don't think the turbo will make it to 400hp, and from what I remember is the injectors might be pushing it I could be wrong but thought people used 800cc- 1000 cc for 350 whp in up.

And the glow shift gauges are good. I use them and have always had glows hit n never had a problem.
I agreed on the 800-1000cc
Everyone i know has suggested 1000cc Gram injectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah lol, i just kinda typed this out fast wile i was at work sorry. So turbo might be to small, as well as my injectors. So 300 wheel is more realistic.
So this is kinda a stupid question and I haven't done really any digging on this yet, so feel free to call me a noob and tell me to look for my self. ANYWAYS so, I have an OBD2 Y8 two block, and I have read that the Y8 heads are better for low end power and Z6's for top end power. So my question is would it be possible with a chipped ecu and an OBD1 dizzy to be able to use my Y8 block and put at Y8 head on to make a complete motor and use as an OBD1 motor? I don't think it would be but because of all the sensors and such needed for a OBD2 car, but maybe there is something I don't know that could make it possible.
Thanks guys, If this thread is in the wrong area I would be happy to take it down and re-post in the appropriate place.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Yeah lol, i just kinda typed this out fast wile i was at work sorry. So turbo might be to small, as well as my injectors. So 300 wheel is more realistic.
So this is kinda a stupid question and I haven't done really any digging on this yet, so feel free to call me a noob and tell me to look for my self. ANYWAYS so, I have an OBD2 Y8 two block, and I have read that the Y8 heads are better for low end power and Z6's for top end power. So my question is would it be possible with a chipped ecu and an OBD1 dizzy to be able to use my Y8 block and put at Y8 head on to make a complete motor and use as an OBD1 motor? I don't think it would be but because of all the sensors and such needed for a OBD2 car, but maybe there is something I don't know that could make it possible.
Thanks guys, If this thread is in the wrong area I would be happy to take it down and re-post in the appropriate place.
Yea you gotta search that's a basic question.

But if your car body is obd1
Then the motor will drop right in. Use all the obd1 intake and a B7 dizzy.
If your car is obd2 then your need a ecu jumper harness.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Hey guys, been on her for a bit just looking at builds and seeing how some people have done it and trying to learn as much as I can for my first turbo build. I have a 93 EX coupe with the original Z6 with 93k original miles. My plan is to shoot for 350-400 wheel(might be a bit far fetched but we'll see what happens).

I have

Y8 block with forged rods and piston

750cc RC injectors

255lhp HP walbro fuel pump

P28 ECU

Glow shift boost and oil pressure gauge (I know there not the greatest:/)
I have a Go-Autoworks street kit with Garrett GT28 turbo and three inch down pipe add on.

I plan to get Neptune RTP, PLX DM6 wideband, and another Z6 head to put on the Y8 block(I know that one of the head studs are different)

APR head studs,

3 bar map.

also the rest of the odds and ends and stuff I'm forgetting to put in that are needed as well.

My question's to you guys is do you think this is possible to reach my goal with my set up? (I know having all this stuff means nothing with out a good tune)

Is there anything I should be looking into instead of something above. What you guys know about the head studs and what can be done about it. basically anything you may think would helpful. I know that there are alot of people on here that have been building and toying with these motors for years and have alot I could learn from. I have done a bunch of research over the last 6 months on here and other forms so know a little bit, but far from knowing everything.

I have an OBD2 Y8 two block, and I have read that the Y8 heads are better for low end power and Z6's for top end power.

So my question is would it be possible with a chipped ecu and an OBD1 dizzy to be able to use my Y8 block and put at Y8 head on to make a complete motor and use as an OBD1 motor?

I don't think it would be but because of all the sensors and such needed for a OBD2 car, but maybe there is something I don't know that could make it possible.

THere I have helped you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts