Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people. This is my first post and I thought I would tell you what I'm up to. I am doing a conversion for a friend who has a JDM Integra which comes with a carburetted sohc zc. The whole carb system is messed up and dumping a whole lot of fuel, to the point of damaging the catalyst. I have a JDM D15b vtec-e cylinder head, complete with manifold which I plan to put on this bottom end. The main reason for this is to change from carb to Fi, but due to the economy nature of the vtec-e system I think she will get a little more fuel mileage without losing much if any performance. Oh yeah, I also have the computer for the vtec-e so the conversion would be complete. Your comments please, remember, its no race car but a daily commuter, and gasoline here in Jamaica is very expensive and goes up in price every day. Irie Man.

·
Registered
424 Posts
In order to change from carb to MPFI you will need to change the whole fuel system. You need a high pressure fuel pump, FI fuel tank to mount the pump, high pressure line from the pump to the fuel rail and a return line from the fuel rail to the fuel tank. It would be cheapest if you could get all of this stuff from a MPFI car in a junk yard. Even if you do, its still alot of work. Might be better in the long run to just get a new carb for the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have all of those pieces already. The reason why I'm not just replacing the carb is because they aren't available new here, and almost all are used and somewhat worn out anyway (butterfly shaft bushings gone).I sent the head of to the head shop to get the valves and seats refaced. Thanks for your comment. about the amount of work, it's no problem to me because I do this kind of thing all the while, as a matter of fact I am currently doing a pretty interesting job right now. How does a 1UZ-FE Toyota V8 in an MGB-GT strike you? I'll try to record and chronicle this project as best I can, maybe even some pics If you want. Irie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts