Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to this forum, I have a 91 ef2 with d16a9 swap all stock motor, I have just got my new daily driver a 99 ej9 saloon 1.4, I am going to do a z6 swap on it. My plan is comp pro race cam and valve springs, 4-2-1 manifold ,skimmed head, 2 1/4 cat back and slug induction, thats all for now maybe more stuff later on
this would will be my first time modifying an engine so I will have plenty of questions along the way, so hopefully theres some guys on here that are willing to share some knowledge
I will post pics tonight , let me know your thoughts and if there are any cheap ways I can add to get a bit more out of here :TU:

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
Well, Just adding valve train and a cam isnt IMO considered an engine build. Now if you were also doing the bottom end (which I recommend as it prob could use new bearings) then you will have a build on your hands.

But theres plenty of write ups on here and plenty of good guys if you have questions..

Good luck and take pics!

Mods.. can yuo move this to the engine building thread.. thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well Im not rebuilding the engine but I didnt know what else to call it maybe just a z6 swap with minor mods then haha , how do I move the thread to engine building ? sorry for the noob question

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So there has been a change of plan on this build and Im going for something a bit different, Im just going to do a vtec mini me swap on my d14 instead, I will post pics tomorow as ive yet to figure out how to post pics, just use imgur i suppose?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts