Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda new to this site ....i know how to build engines but tell me what you think.

JDM d15b block
D16y8 head (port and polished)
Crower stage 2 cams
crower springs and retainers
Skunk2 air intake
skunk2 cam gear]

and what should i do to the block

and (after build )

Go autoworks Turbo kit ....

tell me what you think and if i should change things

(please comment)

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
vitara pistons and fjt custom i-beams.

·
Registered
97 civic
63 Posts
I wouldnt bother with the headwork and such put that money towards rods and vitaras and then boost it depends on how much power you want though.

·
Registered
639 Posts
don't need the junk 2 manifold or cam gear. Most cam gears are good!

Vitara's and rods x3

·
Registered
116 Posts
Depending on your budget and power goals, the Crower Econo Billet Rods might suit you well, but you probably wouldn't be doing bad with just the F J Distributors combo set of vitaras and forged I beam rods.

Here's the link to the rod/piston combo: http://fjdistributors.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=271 Make sure your buying the D15 rods, otherwise your set up just went extremely high comp real fast.

As far as the cam gear goes, one of the all motor stickys swears by the AEM cam gear, so I would probably go with that one.

I duno about the skunk2 intake manifold; I have heard mixed reviews about them. If the 45 degree angle at the throttle body doesn't mess up you trying to route your intercoole piping, I would consider the Edlebrock Victor X if it's within your budget.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
what brand of rods ???crower makes the for like 700
You're thinking of a USDM D15. Since you have a JDM D15b you can use D16 rods. You can get D16 H beams for ~ $300.

·
Registered
216 Posts
thanks ...so no manifold and port and polish is a waste of time?
no,if you want to put down some real power. but for now so you can boost with no prob you should start with the weakest link when boosting. the block.

vitaras i beam fjt rods first..rediculously low price for them

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
no,if you want to put down some real power. but for now so you can boost with no prob you should start with the weakest link when boosting. the block.

vitaras i beam fjt rods first..rediculously low price for them
define serious power.... drunkenmaster1's old sedan setup put down 405 at the wheels with a stock head.. if thats not enough then im not sure what will work for ya.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Post Pics of what you got!!!

#1 Question - How much Hp are you looking for???

I would get the Rods and Pistons Combo with some Oem Bearings.
Head Work depends on what Hp you're going for.
just answered the q above him

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
just answered the q above him
Good for you.

So you can't put down "serious" power on a d-series with a stock head? Care to define "serious"?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good for you.

So you can't put down "serious" power on a d-series with a stock head? Care to define "serious"?
i guess i worded it wrong haha. i just ment unless he wanted to make some crazy amount of power dont bother with the head right now. yes i know what peeps can put down on stock heads. i didnt mean that 200-400+ wasnt real power(believe me those are very impressive REAL numbers).

damn, this reminds me of that chapelle show.....''When keepin it REAL goes wrong'' haha

perdon cabrones

1 - 20 of 22 Posts