Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using crome to tune and I have no idea how to tune past a base map. I have my car idleing at 900 RPM at about 9-10.5 A/F but when it idles it will go fine for a bit and then in bogs down and comes back up. Also when I was driving it it backfired twice in 20 minutes and every time I came to a stop the engine would drop to about 100 RPM.

Also when I was sitting in nutral idling if I hit the gas it holds A/F for a little bit but the it spikes repidly to past the WB can read.

somebody plz help me with tuning there are no tuners for like 6 hours from me and he wants $1000. can somebody teach me?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I have a innovative WB and a chipped ECU and Ostritch. I did the nokia USB cable tutorial so I could datalog but I can't get it to work... only tried once with logworks

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
9.5 is horribly rich. you are washing your cylinders...

at idle you need about 14.5:1 AFR, maybe even leaner. what is your wideband reading in boost? although i dont recommend boosting on a basemap...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Make sure you enable realtime update. So it sends the information to the ecu right when you adjust it. Make small increments and wait for the a/f to change before making another one for idle. Once the idle is somewhat dialed in 14.7:1-16:1. Richen up the map in the boost section so there is no chance of leaning out and have very conservative timing thoughout till you get the hang of it.

People can point you in the right direction but you have to learn with hands on experience. It beats any tutotrial online! Good luck!!!

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
also you must remove the j12(i think) jumper to datalog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts