Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help would be helpfull..i got this car on a trade its a 96 civic ex..it has a d15b with a 60 trim dsm 450 injectors and bigger fuel pump supposbky 450cc pump idk i know its bigger than stock but has no writing on it..and has a chipped p28 from phearble.net or wmhowever tou spell it anyways car idles kind if high but decent when i give jt gas it will rev up until it starts to make boost then kind if dies and slowly starts to fall on jts face if i stomp it from idle it just dies out .. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Did you bother to talk to the previous owner of the car?

Make use of the <enter> key as well.....

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,698 Posts
Any help would be helpfull..i got this car on a trade its a 96 civic ex..it has a d15b with a 60 trim dsm 450 injectors and bigger fuel pump supposbky 450cc pump idk i know its bigger than stock but has no writing on it..and has a chipped p28 from phearble.net or wmhowever tou spell it anyways car idles kind if high but decent when i give jt gas it will rev up until it starts to make boost then kind if dies and slowly starts to fall on jts face if i stomp it from idle it just dies out .. Thanks in advance
so you want it to stop sucking?and get to blowing right? just hit the switch you must have it in reverse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out with little help from here but figured i would let you know ..map and tps plugs were backwards since tbey have the same plig dude had tps plug to the map and map to the tps switched them around and then wouldnt start at all un plugged map and fired up and rvved all the way up ..so i need a better map sensor. And should be good

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,317 Posts
What kind of MAP is currently installed?

You CANT change MAP sensors freely to any other type, they are not interchangable between types without tuning.

Replace it with the same type if youre going to change it at all.

Simply unplugging the MAP sensor does not prove there is an issue with the MAP sensor, you need to do real diagnostics to confirm anything.

The engine will run with MAP unplugged in a type of limp mode, but the engine should NEVER see boost or high RPM without a MAP sensor installed.

You should seriously bring this car to a tuner and pay to have them sort things out if you really dont know what youre doing.

Do you know what a MAP sensor does and how the ECU uses it?

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
unplugging the MAP sensor does NOT cause it to rev all the way up.

Dont make assumptions and roll with it.

Proeprly diagnose the issue.

Do a very simple wire color check on both those sensors and VERIFY what each is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have checked the wire colors and am positive they were backwards ..im not that stupid to just say hey these must be backwards i got the wiring color diagram and figured out they were swapped backwards..and i have a stock map sensor from what i understand im in need if a 3 bar so i am told on another forum and im not saying its 100 percent fixed im just saying it's better

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
the MAP size/rating is determined by the tune. Dont just buy a 3 bar or 2.5 bar MAP.

You need to figure out what the tune wants.

Again, did you bother to talk to the previous owner at all? software used to tune? does the ecu have a USB port added? is there datalogging you can access?

getting MAP data is what you need to see. If it looks shitty wiht a stock MAP, you know it needs a larger MAP. The tune will scale the values differently per style.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude i got the car front doesnt know a whole lot about anything he had orange permatex gasket maker srufff on wvery gasket on thw turbo and manifold lol and it is a chipped p28 from phearble supposbly everything in the base map is for wvwrything the car has but idk for sure and no usb that i see without taking lid off

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,033 Posts
basemap is meant to get you to a dyno.

don't touch the car again until you get to a dyno. let the person who is gonna tune it know that its gonna need some parts before you get there and let them work their magic

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,317 Posts
Yeah, sounds like its chipped with no emulator, you have no ability to tweak or read things on the fly. Its a chip burn solution. If its only running a damn base map chip from Pherable, you REALLY need to take it to a tuner and not drive it much more.

The base tunes from Pherable are an "estimate" based on your build specs. They are ONLY designed to get the car up and running, so you can physically drive it to a tuner.

Since you just bought the car, have no way of knowing how the ECU "chip" has really been programmed, and you seem to plan on driving it, bring it straight to a tuner and let them know they will need to base line the car for you.

You cant boost a non boosted honda without hands on tuning.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
pop the ecu cover off and look inside. Verify you actually have a chip, as it is very possible it is just a stock untouched ecu

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
816 Posts
I have checked the wire colors and am positive they were backwards ..im not that stupid to just say hey these must be backwards i got the wiring color diagram and figured out they were swapped backwards..and i have a stock map sensor from what i understand im in need if a 3 bar so i am told on another forum and im not saying its 100 percent fixed im just saying it's better
You'll only need to upgrade the MAP sensor if you're seeing manifold pressure over 10psi.

·
Registered
1994 turbo hatch
110 Posts
did the car sit at all before you got it? you should test your injectors and fuel pump

1 - 14 of 14 Posts