1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject:
USDM D15B2/B7 Forged Custom Rods

We are glad to announce that the USDM Custom length Forged H Beam for the Vitara pistons to boost your USDM D15B2/B7 engine are almost ready to be sent to production.

D15 Test engine Engine fired up and is currently going to be ran for 2 more weeks to do some break in & street testing.

We should be approximately a month away from sending into production the first batch of these long awaited rods.

If you are interested in getting a set of these rods we recommend that you jump in on the first batch since they will have a special introductory price for those who place their order on the first batch.

For this first batch we will only be taking orders for the set of rods OR Rods & Vitara piston combo. For the moment we will not be taking orders for the FULL Superkit due to some issues still being worked out regarding some of the components of the Superkit (Shortages in materials, bearings production etc...)

This particular Forged Rod design will be made in an H Beam configuration to provide a lighter rod versus the I beams and to also offer it at a better Price. These rods will not require Block Notching or Girdle notching on your D15B2/B7 which is a great advantage making them a Plug and play setup. Saves you money & time in machining your block. As with all FJ R SPEC Connecting rods they will carry ARP2000 rod bolts (3/:cool:.

If you want to be added on the first batch list and for pricing please contact us at [email protected]. Full Payment will be required at the time of placing the order for production.

Thank You.
FJ Automotive

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mods: Can anyone move this to the Classifieds/Affiliates section? Sorry i posted in the wrong spot.

Pricing will be as follows:
Regular Price USDM D15 Custom H Beam Forged Connecting rods set--> $309 (Includes 4 Con Rods, ARP2000 Rod Bolts and ARP Lube)

Introductory price for 1st Batch--> $279 Shipped to the USA

Piston & Rod Combo (Regular Price)---> $400
Introductory price for 1st batch orders---> $379 shipped to the USA

·
Registered
765 Posts
This is very good news!! :bigok:

Please let us know what hp and tq numbers the prototype rods are being run at.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
:TU:

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have started to receive emails with requests.

Everyone interested to get on the list of the first batch please email me to [email protected]

This is the info i will need to put you on the list:
Complete Name
Phone number
Email

Once we are ready to take in payments for the production i will start contacting everyone via email or phone.

For now you do not have to send in any payments. I will let you guys know.

Thanks.
FJ

·
Registered
610 Posts
Any specs available? Length, or at least estimated compression ratio with vitaras?

Rep'd for following through.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Compression with a Z6 head will be 8.0:1... seems low but will work..

I had 7.4:1 CR oon my Y7 with Eagles and vitaras and the car still ran 12's on a small turbo, pump gas and under 20PSI so there shouldnt be a problem for these setup to run faster than that..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Compression with a Z6 head will be 8.0:1... seems low but will work..

I had 7.4:1 CR oon my Y7 with Eagles and vitaras and the car still ran 12's on a small turbo, pump gas and under 20PSI so there shouldnt be a problem for these setup to run faster than that..
Will this compression ration be based on the -12cc or -11cc Vitara piston? And will the Vitara pistons be a coated piston and available in 75mm, 75.5mm and 76mm sizes?

·
Registered
765 Posts
i believe the 8.0:1 CR figure is based off customary standard vitara pistons.
Your probably right Dan. I was just hoping that the 11cc Vitara's were going to be put into production. I want to run about 9.5 to 1 compression on this turbo build without having to tear apart my head and have it milled again.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will this compression ration be based on the -12cc or -11cc Vitara piston? And will the Vitara pistons be a coated piston and available in 75mm, 75.5mm and 76mm sizes?
Its based off the regular -15cc dish vitaras.

The new -11cc vitara is a long term project .. even if i had the design complete by now YCP wont be able to start production till December since their production line is already booked till end of November.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey there Guys, unfortunately we didnt get any quality videos of the engine today but it runs amizingly it revs super quick and feels amazing, we will tune this week and see what we can do to keep helping out FJ and the community.

Sry for the delays, Montana is not very forgiving with the weather and it sure has been SUPER shitty so work was hindered.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Its based off the regular -15cc dish vitaras.

The new -11cc vitara is a long term project .. even if i had the design complete by now YCP wont be able to start production till December since their production line is already booked till end of November.
Well, I'd be willing to buy the rods when available and wait for the -11cc Vitara, when you have them ready for sale. Will the -11cc Vitara be a for sure thing?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.