Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 honda civic lx
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys,
currently in the process of a vert slow y7/y8 mini me swap on a 2000 civic.
Long story short had to sell the original build and now that obligations to the state are done i'm back at it..on a budget...i bought this off a guy from an online shop a state over. he stated it needs a little work..besides the given (visible mini scratches etc) is it an ok looking head in your own opinion. I've never had to build up on a head before and wondering if its worth it..so far was planning on replacing valve seals. possibly having it smooth out a little bit? not sure..here are some pictures after i did a quick clean on it. 80$..yay..nay?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_tp2U9nn0KweUQ1MnNUU2RCVUE

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you just trying to get something running or are you planning on racing this?

The build-up in the exhaust ports I would want to get rid of. I'm thinking replacing the seals would be at a minimum based on the way the ports look. I'd also sandblast the valves if you have a friend with a blast cabinet and some finer grit media.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Looks like it has been sliced at some point.

valve seats look like they need to be freshened up.

My first step would be to have the head cleaned and inspected.

Also verify head is not warped or cut off angle. some shops around me dont understand the tolerances of a honda motor, and think 3 thousandths long diagonal is fine on surface check

1 - 3 of 3 Posts