Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

New to D-Series.org, been on honda-tech for a while now but recently got an ek and decided to build the single slammer it came with while my gsr build is being put together. I'll be using the stock y7 bottom end with a z6 head i got for 50 bucks on cl, needed a vtec solenoid. I got the head tanked and checked for warping, everything seems legit. Here's the whole build-

y7 bottom end
p29 slugs
supertech springs and retainers
delta 272 regrind (identical to crower stage 2)
y7 rods
y7 crank
z6 head

This will be a daily drivin motor or I would be going with a stage 3. compression calc estimates about 12:1 cr. I will be jumping down to obd1 so I can tune. I havn't figured out what valves to use yet, should I just go OEM or flat faced? I assume flat faced valves would bump my cr but is it really worth it? At this point I have everything but valvetrain.

Also, should I port & polish or is it even neccesary for this build?

Anyone have any idea what I may be able to put down to the wheels on a good tune (thinking speedfactory)? I'm guessing 140-150ish?

Thanks for looking, I await your guys' feedback.

·
Registered
340 Posts
OEM valves should be fine. the flat faced will net you a whopping +0.3ish bump. considering the shit fuel we have, you should stay @ 12:1 and focus on tuning.

may want to do some porting on the head and invest in a good header for that combo to maximize gains from the cam and compression.

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah yes headers, forgot that part. can anyone recommend a decent set for this setup? I'm running a stock cat with 2" from cat back to an aftermarket oem muffler. I was thinking about opening it up to 2 1/4", what do you guys think? i dont know where my powerband will be yet so its hard to say. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
run oem valves and focus on the tune as stated

port/polish ONLY if you know what youre doing, other wise leave it to a professional...the z6 head flows nicely out of the box for most daily driver hi comp set ups. if you have some extra $ a good 3 angle valve job would net you some nice gains. 2.25" would be ideal imo. good luck sir

·
Registered
844 Posts
run oem valves and focus on the tune as stated

port/polish ONLY if you know what youre doing, other wise leave it to a professional...the z6 head flows nicely out of the box for most daily driver hi comp set ups. if you have some extra $ a good 3 angle valve job would net you some nice gains. 2.25" would be ideal imo. good luck sir
X2 and thanks for being a good little noob and doing some homework first. Tune tune tune thats going to get you to your goal the safest and easiest way

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the feedback guys, i have everything for the build or its on order, ill put pics and numbers up when its done.

thanks again guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts