Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im taking my car with some friends to Santa pod (uk) on sunday and doing my first drag strip to get some times for my b7 before i do a mini me and swap the tranny. Can any guys with experience tell me what sort of things i can do/ usefull techniques to get faster times. :gir:

T

·
0 Posts
use your e brake and preload the clutch, this means that when the clutch starts engaging and your e-brake is up, the car should start feeling like it's going to lift up, wait til the light turns green dump the clutch and punch the gas, and let go of the e-brake, you should see some major difference in your 60' times that way... ( o ya, use your thumb on the e brake button and don't let go of it till the brake is back down.)

hopes this makes sense, kinda hard to explain

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks but i can't really afford to go lots and i want to do well as my two other friends are taking a 2ltr and 2ltr turbo rover coupe and all they do is burn me. What about suspension, stiff soft in between :) i heard lower tyre pressure and strip interior, octane booster maybe?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You only really need octane booster if you have detention if you have stock comp. premium gas is probably a little over kill.

Tire pressure: check your pressure in both tires make sure they are the same do a small burn out then look at the tread pattern. If the middle is darker then the outside lower the pressure. If the outside is darker then the middle add pressure. you want as much contact patch as possible. the excesssive negative camber might hurt you in drag racing if your not getting the full width of the tire under acceleration.

J

·
0 Posts
as for damper settings try full soft in the front and full stiff in the back (that way there is less weight transfer of the front wheels towards the back...)

-hope it helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts