Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brothers ef 1.5 d15b2 is not firing in the number 3 cylinder.. we changed cap and rotor, cleaned spark plugs and changed wires.. but nothing is changing.. theres and inconsistent spark on that cylinder.. if you guys have any knowledge of what else may be wrong with out having to change the motor, please let me know..

thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
without changing the motor? I suppose it could be a dizzy problem

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yep definately look @ the dizzy and maybe thinkabout replacing the Ignitor if you have one laying around.. Why dont you try changing you plugs too those are cheap.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uhh. thanks for the replies.. they have all been taken into consideration i think we may try something more advanced tomorrow.. not too sure yet... were gettin an extra head milled right now to .024 so we might just throw all new stuff in..

·
Registered
934 Posts
my advice would be to correct the problem before adding anything else to the motor. save yourself the extra major migranes, with more parts into play your gonna spin your wheels trying to figure out what is wrong! just my .02

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wait a second. How have you verified that there is no spark in that cylinder? You've verified visually that plug is seeing no spark?

Get an entirely different distributor, on of the position sensors may be damaged.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
I would say check the distributor, it's next up the chain. You should be able to junkyard hunt a working unit (assuming that USDM D15B2, I don't know D15's at all).

How would you visual check for spark? Pull the relay or fuse for the fuel pump and crank with the plugs out and connected?

ADDED-
PFFFT, Ima n00b. Sorry for the repeat info, didn't realize dizzy = distributor. :???:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx for the help guys. but i just insatlled another d15 block with a d16 SOHC non vtec head. That is the one that i got milled. The only thing that is messin me up now is the timing. If anyone has any input on how i should attack this problem please post. It would be greatly appreciated.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we are using the middle mark on the crank pulley. the car is now at the local honda dealership though. i would like to thank everybody for there input. it was very helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts