Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres fire going into the dizzy but none going out to the plugs...engine just sits there and cranks over. Ideas on what it could be? coil? Thanks...

-Charlie

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lowvic said:
Theres fire going into the dizzy but none going out to the plugs...engine just sits there and cranks over. Ideas on what it could be? coil? Thanks...

-Charlie
Need more information. When did this occur what were the condition etc.

Pull off the distributor cap and see if the rotor fell off or see if the muffler bearing has come undone. ;-)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
need more info. year, model, modifications, etc.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
how'd i know that would come back to haunt us? IMO, it would be the coil or possibly your spark plug wires. check everything over, and see what's firing, and what isn't.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
93 civic 4dr JDM d15b
just recently bought it from a friend that purchased it of the net...put it it but doesnt start...also what kind of plugs do i get for the d15b?

Muffler bearing?

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
muffler bearing is kind of an inside joke. the stupid "quak" guy made that statement on one of the posts. there is no muffler bearing, and it wasn't even about an exhaust. just kind of weird the stuff some people come up with.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lowvic said:
93 civic 4dr JDM d15b
just recently bought it from a friend that purchased it of the net...put it it but doesnt start...also what kind of plugs do i get for the d15b?
LoL...well anyways thers my info.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i got the same plugs as for a z6... work fine for me.

when i bought my d15b, it came with a bad distributor... happens a lot when the engines sit in yards collecting moisture. Get a new one or try gutting your old distributor (if it's a b7, y7, or y8) and put the internals into the d15b one. If you have a z6, just use the whole distributor.

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
Sonny7730 said:
muffler bearing is kind of an inside joke. the stupid "quak" guy made that statement on one of the posts. there is no muffler bearing, and it wasn't even about an exhaust. just kind of weird the stuff some people come up with.
lol just wonderin what ever happend to the quak guy anyway . id check the cap rota ,coil and wires. do you have an msd id make sure all conects are good

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coil was bad, thanks for the help anyways...I switched out coils from my z6 and it started right up.

-CHARLIE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts