Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd let everyone know that i just finished swaping a y8 manifold from a '99 ex on my '96 y7 and after a little bit of difficulty...it works, and works good!..im excited..I just though i'd post this in case anyone has questions about doing the swap bc i've done so much research, its sick..definate horsepower increase in combination with my new AEM intake..if anyone wants to see pics i could post them.

·
Registered
826 Posts
post before and after pics

what kinda gains did you get?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea...my brother keeps tellin me to go turbo...as of right now i really notice a difference between the manifold and my intake...mostly in the high end but it definately pulls more in 1st gear too now..

·
Registered
honda, kawasaki
10 Posts
i actually need help with this, how do you route the vac lines? Did you use y8 fuel rail and injectors? Can you post pics please?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to rasta...imma post pics soon...but no you use the y7 rail and injectors bc if you use the y8 you will run rich and throw codes. until i post pics i could explain it to you. if you look at the manifold from the front, there's two what ill call nipples on the right side of the manifold. one is thicker and it's the one on the top, it's for the pcv. the one below it goes to the purge solenoid....anymore questions just let me know

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm in the process of moving so the camera is packed in a box somewhere..as soon as i find it i'll post the pics

·
Registered
826 Posts
to rasta...imma post pics soon...but no you use the y7 rail and injectors bc if you use the y8 you will run rich and throw codes. until i post pics i could explain it to you. if you look at the manifold from the front, there's two what ill call nipples on the right side of the manifold. one is thicker and it's the one on the top, it's for the pcv. the one below it goes to the purge solenoid....anymore questions just let me know
if you put a header and exhaust then the y8 injectors will be of use to you. but i dont think you'll throw codes though...will he throw codes anybody?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
if you put a header and exhaust then the y8 injectors will be of use to you. but i dont think you'll throw codes though...will he throw codes anybody?
if he puts a header he will throw a code.. the y7 has the cat on the exhaust mani.. first o2 is on top of the mani second o2 is on the dp or cat.. i forget.. but if he takes the cat out it will throw a code unless he gets the o2 modifier..

putting on a y8 intake mani and injectors wont throw a code as long as he hooks everything up correctly... y7 and y8 injectors are the same 240cc

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
i just recently did that about 2 months ago, Ported the shit out of my y8 head too, running Stage 2 Clutchmaster clutch, with the Omnipower Quick Clutch kit....must say the car is 10X fuckin better....hahah....btw Quick clutches are sick shit for sheezie!

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
if he puts a header he will throw a code.. the y7 has the cat on the exhaust mani.. first o2 is on top of the mani second o2 is on the dp or cat.. i forget.. but if he takes the cat out it will throw a code unless he gets the o2 modifier..

putting on a y8 intake mani and injectors wont throw a code as long as he hooks everything up correctly... y7 and y8 injectors are the same 240cc
this is where you are wrong my friend...

y7 injectors are 190cc
y8 injectors are 240cc

just thought i'd clear that up.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah your right, if you have the y8 ecu because of the mini me swap i suppose it wouldn't matter which injectors or rail you use because you will already have the ecu to run them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts