Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Clean everything off. Wait for it to leak again and try to follow the trail.

It's probably the dizzy if it's over there, or possible valve cover.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe you mean the VC gasket. If so, it's an easy fix. Remove the 5 VC bolts and give it a light coating of RTV. Works wonders.

·
Registered
287 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but have you checked the torque on your head bolts? If the motor was just rebuilt it might have broken-in a little oddly...

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my head was untouched,and everything on my bottom end was machined and redone... might be a warped head but check this..

car sat for a few hours, and its liek 50 degrees out with a 20mph winds.. started it up and drove immediatly about 20 feet away to where my truck and tools are
car ran for a few seconds
pull the valve cover, go to check the torque on one head bolt and it just spun like it was way too loose.. so i dunno if this is cuz the motor ran for a few seconds or what...

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
get the torque wrench and go through and check the torque on each bolt. if they are all at spec then you know its not that. and you mite have a warped head. has it ever gotten hot on you?

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it got hot but the guage barely registered it, i turned on the heater before it got anywhere near hot on it.. and i did check the torque and they were all loose as shit.. has anyone ever heard of this happenein to them?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
did you follow the torque pattern when you put them on? i think its like you torque all of them down to 27, and then you go through again and torque all down to 35, and then you go through one last time and torque down to 47( this is an example not sure of the exact specs). are you sure you got all of the old gasket off the block and bottom of head? bc its a bitch to get it all off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts