Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so instead of sleeping in today i went out in the rain and swapped my dsm bluetops into my manifold. made a custom resistor wiring subharness as well.

now at idle, my vacuum is at -10 instead of -19 like it was before the bigger injectors.

i'm inside watching ncaa football and boost leak testers.am relaxing. so any ideas i can use? im broke so i cant be making any home depot

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a stock p28 map while i fiddle with chrome on the laptop, also i used b-series injector seals cuz the d series are to thin. they seem to fit fine, i had to almost use a press to get the injector with rail into the seals but i got em in and tightened the rail down all the way. so i'm assuming their fine. also the turbo sounded like it was bubbling after i turned the car off so ima check that now.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i have a stock p28 map while i fiddle with chrome on the laptop, also i used b-series injector seals cuz the d series are to thin. they seem to fit fine, i had to almost use a press to get the injector with rail into the seals but i got em in and tightened the rail down all the way. so i'm assuming their fine. also the turbo sounded like it was bubbling after i turned the car off so ima check that now.
You added bigger injectors without changing the fuel scale. So noy your dumping almost 2x as much fuel into the motor. Your running rich as hell and the car isnt pulling a good vacuum because of this.

Boost leak = turbo spooling but not making full psi because its leaking out.
Low vacuum at idle = vacuum leak, to rich of a motor low compression etc..

Go into crome and remap the fuel injector size. then burn the chip install. Should solve all your problems

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xile do you know how to burn with a willem enhanced?
and the idle is SHITTY! it's blurping at 900 rpms and staying solid which is ok w me. but not the blurping. also after first boost, the car barely accelerates in 2nd gear after making a turn....or applying the brakes.

i have everything to tune except a GOOD datalogging cable or a burn2. this willem is rediculous cuz i cant find a damn thing about it. i think a tune is in order lol.

and the vacuum fluctuates after boosting. when i blow-off the vacuum will stay at 20 then slowly creep up to 14....

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
xile do you know how to burn with a willem enhanced?
and the idle is SHITTY! it's blurping at 900 rpms and staying solid which is ok w me. but not the blurping. also after first boost, the car barely accelerates in 2nd gear after making a turn....or applying the brakes.

i have everything to tune except a GOOD datalogging cable or a burn2. this willem is rediculous cuz i cant find a damn thing about it. i think a tune is in order lol.

and the vacuum fluctuates after boosting. when i blow-off the vacuum will stay at 20 then slowly creep up to 14....
Yea I got one but not at home to give u the setting but I know u gotta do the offset to like 8000. And I made a data cable out of an old nokia cable.
But I will get information when I get home

*edit made it home

What i do is click the device button and select sst27sf512( thats the chip i use)

Then there should be a picture on the program that shows you how to set up your board. Jumpers, where to put the chip etc..

Then click load and pick the ".bin" you want to use.
then look under offset hex and enter 8000
check type 16 bit add
printer port LPT1 (yours might be different)

Hope that helps you out yours might be a little different from mines.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you give me a little better info xile? i know you texted me before about my headunit but i dont know if i saved your number. shoot me a text at 574 276 0455, i have a ton of questions for you.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i plugged in my willem, the serial port to a serial port adaptor to usb connector. then the small usb plug to the regular usb port. so it's on the loop.

yellow power led is on, the light that says green is on, and finally the vcc light is on.
so now.....idk i'll look at chrome and see if it recognizes it.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
so i plugged in my willem, the serial port to a serial port adaptor to usb connector. then the small usb plug to the regular usb port. so it's on the loop.

yellow power led is on, the light that says green is on, and finally the vcc light is on.
so now.....idk i'll look at chrome and see if it recognizes it.

Here is the link to the software http://www.xenocron.com/downloads/Willem-Software.zip I was trying to zip my folder and email it to you but yahoo keeps saying its a virus which idk what is up with that since ive been using this program for years without problem.
but the link i gave you is from xenocron and it has the same program just an older verison. Your be using "willem eprom 0.97j" (mines is jc but should still work fine).

Here is the site for more information programing the chip.
Standard PCB3B Willem Programmer User Guide

Crome wont be able to see the williem burner. You have to save the crome map as .bin then open/load that .bin into the eprom program. Then burn it to a chip. You must use offset of 8000 if your using a 512 chip.

fast edit*

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-management/88031-may-have-been-covered-already.html
another member willem burner with pix

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xile your my fucking hero! rep for you til i die. but....i got it downloaded and worked my way through with the hex and check type and chip type....but when i get ready to burn or erase or blank test, i get a error window saying "privaledged instruction". also....i can't close the program either. wtf? lol do i need a password like chrome?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
xile your my fucking hero! rep for you til i die. but....i got it downloaded and worked my way through with the hex and check type and chip type....but when i get ready to burn or erase or blank test, i get a error window saying "privaledged instruction". also....i can't close the program either. wtf? lol do i need a password like chrome?
Right click on the program the go down to properties (shit thats not spelled right) but the when u right click on it at the bottom starts with p.
Click it then click the tabs till u see something saying run in compatable mode. Click windows me or windows 95.
I just got up and replying via cell. When I finish waking up ill re edit post to make more sene.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok well i hopped online and found the version for my burner which is PCB45. so i downloaded it and am running that instead. don't i have to uninstall the other version for it to work properly?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i changed the compatibility to Windows 98/Me and to 95.....still no change. should my red VPP light be illuminated?

and is it ok to be using a serial to parallel port covertor?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i changed the compatibility to Windows 98/Me and to 95.....still no change. should my red VPP light be illuminated?

and is it ok to be using a serial to parallel port covertor?
Not sure on the port. I know you need a driver for the serial to parallel port convertor. Then in the program you have to find the port of your burner.

On mines the vpp red light and vdd yellow light are dim, Then when i start the program they go off. While the green is dimly lite. Once i push the power button The green is Lite.

And was there a program called install or driver with your PCB45?

Ive been a while since i set up mines. I believe i got mines like 5 or 6 years ago. Ill look up some information and see if i can help you some more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts