Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL MY AUTO FOLKS... time has come to finally get the IPT high stall converter in.... this friday its going to be installed along with a fresh case of Amsoil.... I will let u know how good it works and what not soon!!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well the civic is at the repair shop, I went to see it and he had to converter all the way out and was about to swap the new high stall one in.... he also is putting in a new converter bushing..... I am so excited guys... the stall is going to be at 2800.... Ill let u guys know how it drives soon enuf.....all for now...

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Awesome...def let us know how it goes! :)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well folks its in.... I definetly notice a difference torque wise..... mostly from midrange..... but it was built for a turbo and the rest of my future bolt ons... so I will se the most gains when Im boosted.... but thumbs up to the guys at www.importperformancetransmissions.com

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
well the civic is at the repair shop, I went to see it and he had to converter all the way out and was about to swap the new high stall one in.... he also is putting in a new converter bushing..... I am so excited guys... the stall is going to be at 2800.... Ill let u guys know how it drives soon enuf.....all for now...

i thought you had a y8? but the y8 stock stall speed is about 27-2800.????

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im sry guys!!! the stall speed is at 3200!!! sry mistype..... u can really tell where they raise the torque multiplication on the converter... ym midrange is getting better :)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I luv it man... worth every penny.... it pulls a lot better... very good buy.... and I also got a tranny cooler so its all good!!!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
I luv it man... worth every penny.... it pulls a lot better... very good buy.... and I also got a tranny cooler so its all good!!!

i've already got a seperate tranny cooler where my condenser was. and i've got a spare y8 converter. will someone please put some miracle grow on my nuts.

·
Registered
879 Posts
reading posts like this make me happy, lol. makes me think twice about eventually wanting to swap to a 5-speed. hopefully all goes well for ya, and a few others follow in your footsteps.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks man.... so far so good.... shift nice and strong.... its tight becuz the more and more motor mods I do the more pull the converter gives me.... especially my turbio..... man

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will, workin on it.... I got a few small projects to finish up... but soon enuf.... and I will keep everyone posted!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love hearing what people are doing to their cars and how happy it makes them, lol. I need to get my car! I miss being able to work on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts